Sarah Slocum Collins
Vice President, Government Relations / Associate Attorney
Sarah Slocum Collins
When Sarah Slocum Collins was at the University of Central Arkansas, she came up with a novel way to pay for law school: competing in the Miss Arkansas pageant.
“My mom kind of laughed at me because I had never done a pageant in my life,” the Stuttgart native said.
Collins competed for four years and was named Miss Arkansas in 2009. The nearly $50,000 won in scholarships helped pay her way at the University of Arkansas School of Law, where she graduated in 2012.
In January 2014, Collins joined the Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce as its vice president of governmental affairs. “With the chamber, you lobby alongside some of your largest members,” she said.
In December 2014, Collins went to work for the Roberts Group as vice president of government relations and an associate attorney to begin the firm’s government relations practice. Her main duties at the law firm, which has clients worldwide, involve lobbying the state and federal government for the firm’s corporate clients.
Away from the office, Collins remains involved in the Miss Arkansas Organization. In 2015, she was the founding member of the Miss America State Titleholders Association, which is the first organization to track the accomplishments of state winners.
She said she strives to do her best at whatever she takes on. “I love having a challenge and being able to work through a challenge,” Collins said.
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- Here's What Arkansas' Redesigned Driver's Licenses Look Like
- Kimberly-Clark Says It May Close Conway Plant 2 days ago
- SPONSORED: The Re-emergence Of The American Downtown 5 days ago
- South Arkansas Timber, Proximity to Texas Attracts Conifex 3 days ago
- Former Arkansas Judge Sues Over Proposal On Damages 3 days ago
- Harry Scott, Former President of Thompson Industries of Russellville, Dies at 64 5 years ago