Sarah Slocum Collins
Vice President, Government Relations / Associate Attorney
Sarah Slocum Collins
When Sarah Slocum Collins was at the University of Central Arkansas, she came up with a novel way to pay for law school: competing in the Miss Arkansas pageant.
“My mom kind of laughed at me because I had never done a pageant in my life,” the Stuttgart native said.
Collins competed for four years and was named Miss Arkansas in 2009. The nearly $50,000 won in scholarships helped pay her way at the University of Arkansas School of Law, where she graduated in 2012.
In January 2014, Collins joined the Rogers-Lowell Area Chamber of Commerce as its vice president of governmental affairs. “With the chamber, you lobby alongside some of your largest members,” she said.
In December 2014, Collins went to work for the Roberts Group as vice president of government relations and an associate attorney to begin the firm’s government relations practice. Her main duties at the law firm, which has clients worldwide, involve lobbying the state and federal government for the firm’s corporate clients.
Away from the office, Collins remains involved in the Miss Arkansas Organization. In 2015, she was the founding member of the Miss America State Titleholders Association, which is the first organization to track the accomplishments of state winners.
She said she strives to do her best at whatever she takes on. “I love having a challenge and being able to work through a challenge,” Collins said.
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Judge Bobby McCallister to Resign Dec. 15 3 days ago
- Tesla Aims to Electrify Big Rigs; Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt Want In 3 days ago
- Mr. Rogers In Chicago: Can You Say Prison? 11 hours ago
- Switzer Siblings Square Off Over Delta Farmland 11 hours ago
- Citing Continued Criminal Acts, Federal Prosecutors Seek 141-Month Sentence for John Rogers 6 days ago