Vice President of Finance
North Little Rock
It obviously doesn’t take Eric Grant long to make a good impression.
After graduating with an accounting degree from Henderson State University in Arkadelphia, Grant went to work for Hudson Cisne in Little Rock. Within a couple of years, Grant was a senior accountant and later became a manager.
One of his many clients was Maverick Transportation of North Little Rock. Four years ago, Maverick hired Grant to be its controller at age 29.
“I worked on a diverse group of clients in different industries, and Maverick was one of them,” Grant said. “Transportation was something I was always drawn to; it has always been interesting.”
Grant, who earned his MBA from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock while at Hudson Cisne, said he enjoyed working as an accountant for a portfolio of clients. Working as an executive now for a single company is rewarding because of his hands-on responsibility in helping Maverick succeed. “I did not realize how much enjoyment there was on the other side of the fence,” Grant said. “What’s cool for me is being able to have a direct impact.”
Grant said working on Maverick’s account at Hudson Cisne made his transition to the private company much easier. “There were so many things I knew about Maverick when I went to work here that would have taken me three or four years to get up to speed on.”
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 1 day ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 1 day ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 1 day ago
- Debt Discharged for Lex and Ellen Golden 3 days ago
- Tax Questions Dog Candidate For Garland County District Judgeship 3 days ago