Kristi Parker Norris
Executive Vice President
Malvern National Bank
Kristi Parker NorrisKristi Parker Norris’ career in banking dates back to summer work as a 17-year-old at Malvern National Bank, where her father was and is CEO.
Two decades later, she is executive vice president overseeing branching, operations and marketing as well as a commercial loan officer.
Norris earned a bachelor’s degree in finance and marketing from the University of Arkansas in 1985. In 1989, she added a master’s in business administration from Texas Tech in Lubbock.
Norris worked in marketing for the Reese Air Force Base Federal Credit Union in Texas from 1986 to 1991, when she returned to Arkansas and joined North Little Rock’s Twin City Bank.
Norris was market manager for five of TCB’s branches in 1996 when she somewhat reluctantly agreed to work at Malvern National Bank.
“We had never thought about working together,” the 37-year-old executive said. “In fact, the first time we talked about me coming to the bank, we argued about it. I didn’t want him to view me as his little girl.”
Her hometown community involvement includes the Boys and Girls Club of Malvern and Hot Spring County, Little League treasurer, Ouachita Technical College trustee, local Transitional Educational Assistance Coalition board member and Malvern Parent Teacher Committee president.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 1 day ago
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 2 days ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 14 hours ago
- Arkansas Baptist Gets $30M to Repay Debt, Get Back on Track 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago