Dr. Kasey Holder
Vice President of Medical Affairs & Director of Medical Education
St. Bernards Medical Center
Dr. Kasey Holder
Dr. Kasey Holder’s father was a doctor, but she wasn’t encouraged to go into medicine. It was while attending Arkansas State University in Jonesboro that Holder, who grew up in Paragould, decided to go to medical school.
After graduating from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences and completing her residency in family medicine, she worked at a private practice clinic in Paragould.
Holder eventually joined St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro in 2012 to help start the adult and pediatric hospitalist program. She later was promoted to director of the hospitalist program and split her time between seeing patients and administrative duties.
In October 2015, she was named vice president of medical affairs at the 438-bed hospital. Holder continues to see a few patients a day. “It keeps me involved with direct patient care,” she said. “That’s really what I love about medicine, is taking care of patients.”
In January, Holder became the hospital’s director of medical education, overseeing all the medical education at the hospital, which has 300 doctors.
What drives her is making sure St. Bernards “provides the best possible care,” she said.
Away from the hospital, Holder is involved in her church, Southwest Church of Christ in Jonesboro.
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Tesla Aims to Electrify Big Rigs; Wal-Mart, J.B. Hunt Want In 1 day ago
- Goodwill Arkansas Names Brian Marsh President, CEO 2 days ago
- Judge Bobby McCallister to Resign Dec. 15 1 day ago
- America's Car-Mart Names New CFO, Reports Profit 2 days ago
- Hiram Walker Plant Keeps Fort Smith in High Spirits 6 days ago