Regional Leader for Central Arkansas
Edward Jones Investments
Maybe it’s a knack from his basketball days, but Chris Hughes knows when to take the shot. At 20, he didn’t hesitate in marrying his sweetheart, a cheerleader at Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, Texas, where Hughes played shooting guard for the Lions.
Two years later, “not knowing a soul,” the San Antonio native was in Arkansas, offering financial advice. “I was just 22 and I looked about 12, and I was asking people to give me their life’s savings to invest. But I worked hard and it paid off.”
A college teammate who graduated a couple of years ahead of Hughes had gone to work for Edward Jones and opened the door for him. “I didn’t think about finances growing up, but this was an opportunity I felt passionate about,” Hughes said. “I was raised by a single mother and knew about the struggles, the financial anxieties.”
Now he’s a financial veteran with 15 years of experience, operating out of an office on Main Street in North Little Rock. A father of three and a graduate of Leadership Arkansas, Hughes is on the board of Southwest Christian Academy and a supporter of the Alzheimer’s Association.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- The Rep, Citing Low Ticket Sales, Charitable Giving, Will Suspend Operations 1 day ago
- Nabholz Names Joint COOs, Remakes Company Structure 1 day ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 1 day ago
- Debt Discharged for Lex and Ellen Golden 3 days ago
- Tax Questions Dog Candidate For Garland County District Judgeship 3 days ago