Chief Operating Officer
Medical Center of South Arkansas
Ross Korkmas joked that he found a career in health care through “blind, dumb luck.”
The Midland, Texas, native had been working in the department of public safety for the city of Southlake, Texas, when, in 2008, he saw an ad for a job at a hospital in Lewisville, Texas. He applied, even though he thought he wouldn’t get an interview. He ended up getting the job and falling in love with health care.
While working at the hospital, he earned his master’s in health care administration from the University of Texas at Arlington. In March 2013, Korkmas became the chief operating officer of the 166-bed Medical Center of South Arkansas, where he manages the day-to-day operations of the El Dorado hospital, which has more than 500 employees.
Korkmas said he follows a saying that he learned from the CEO at his first hospital: “If you do what is right for the patient, you can never be wrong.”
Korkmas is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives and the El Dorado Rotary Club. He also is a coach with and a member of the board of KidsNGolf Arkansas, which teaches golf and life principles to children.
Korkmas said he finds the most rewarding aspect of his job is “being able to help people without actually being a doctor or a nurse.”
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Home BancShares' Proxy Shows Most Execs with Pay Increases 1 day ago
- French Hill, Little Rock Port Mark First Part of $10.5M Expansion 2 days ago
- Former Conway Construction Company Exec Sentenced to 36 Months in Federal Prison 1 day ago
- Randolph County Sells Alcohol After 70-Year Ban 1 day ago
- Bill Would Automatically Seal Some Criminal Records 2 days ago