Director of Transmission Planning
Southwest Power Pool Inc.
Even as a youngster entranced by sports, Antoine Lucas dreamed of designing sleek machines. He never got to build cars, but his job at Southwest Power Pool in Little Rock provides him the perfect playground. “The power grid is the biggest machine on earth.”
Lucas’ job “is essentially maintaining the power system’s transmission infrastructure,” and his 34-member team is responsible for planning to meet future energy demands for SPP. Based in Little Rock, the company oversees the grid and wholesale power markets for utilities and transmission companies in 14 states. “It can be challenging, but we have a great team here,” he said.
After childhood in Lake Providence, Louisiana, along the Mississippi just south of the Arkansas line, Lucas earned an engineering degree at Louisiana Tech in Ruston. A summer internship with Entergy changed his path, and he worked for six years with Entergy in Pine Bluff before shifting to SPP.
Management, he said, “is a whole different ballgame requiring a different skill set.” He loves life with his wife and daughter in Little Rock, which strikes him as a “big city” after his small-town upbringing. The family welcomed a son last month.
His business philosophy? “How we do what we do determines the sustainability of our success.”
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- Fortune Profiles Walmart's McKenna Among 'Powerful Women in Business'
- Little Rock's Jessica Dean Has a New Home at CNN 1 day ago
- Schwyhart Creditor Raises Fraud Claim 1 day ago
- Gusano's Pays Back Rent to River Market Landlord 1 day ago
- Lorrie Trogden Named CEO of Arkansas Bankers Association 1 day ago
- 15 Years Later, Murder-Suicide Fades From View (Fifth Monday) 2 decades ago