St. Bernards Village
Brian RegaBrian Rega took a circuitous path to St. Bernards Village, the Jonesboro retirement community of which he is now director.
Raised in Ash Flat, the 35-year-old earned a communications degree with an emphasis on radio/TV from Arkansas State University in 1986.
After nine years working for KAIT-TV, Channel 8, Rega moved into the health-care industry as marketing and industrial relations director at Jonesboro’s Greenleaf Center. He later worked for a local physicians-hospital organization affiliated with St. Bernards Regional Medical Center before taking his current position in 1998.
“I feel like I’m where I belong,” Rega says today.
The 17-acre retirement center only took five months to reach 100 percent occupancy under Rega’s direction, 13 months faster than initial projections.
Rega is also active in the community, currently serving a third term on the Jonesboro City Council and second as vice mayor. He is chairman of the council’s Parks and Cemeteries and Personnel, Insurance and Professional Services committees. He also is past president of the Jonesboro Jaycees.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Dexter Suggs Resigns From LRSD Amid Plagiarism Allegations 11 hours ago
- Slideshow: Inside Robinson Center's $68 Million Renovation Project 2 days ago
- Contractors See Construction Business Pick Up in 2014 2 days ago
- Eminent Domain Rights Dusted Off as Pipelines Trace Path Across Arkansas 2 days ago
- TAC Air to Build New Terminal at Little Rock Airport 1 day ago