Arkansas Coding Academy
Mary Dunlap-Condit wanted to lead the Arkansas Coding Academy, which opened in July 2016, because she knew it would help move people out of poverty.
“Being around the students in these classes, these people who are really taking a massive risk and making an investment in their family’s future and in their future … it’s a very humbling experience and a very rewarding experience to be part of their journey,” she said.
Dunlap-Condit has also returned to her alma mater, the University of Central Arkansas, where the academy is based.
She has a bachelor’s degree in public relations from UCA and a master’s in applied communications from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Dunlap-Condit didn’t have much experience when she became director of Iron Yard’s Little Rock campus, which opened in June 2015 but closed a year later, but she is grateful for the chance the organizers took in hiring her. Now she has a job that is “challenging, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time” and enjoys working with people in the community she grew up in, like Jeff Standridge of The Conductor, who, she said, has been a mentor.
Dunlap-Condit also volunteers with the Ozark Mission Project and the Boys & Girls Club.
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- ADFA Allocates $26M to Buy Verizon Building 2 days ago
- First Bank Deal of '19: Farmers & Merchants to Acquire Integrity First 2 days ago
- George Dunklin Joins Board of Wetlands America Trust 2 days ago
- Debt Deferment Brings Relief To Arkansas Baptist, Philander Smith 4 days ago
- Beer Makers, Thirsty for Growth, Push Into Cannabis Market 24 hours ago