Arkansas Coding Academy
Mary Dunlap-Condit wanted to lead the Arkansas Coding Academy, which opened in July 2016, because she knew it would help move people out of poverty.
“Being around the students in these classes, these people who are really taking a massive risk and making an investment in their family’s future and in their future … it’s a very humbling experience and a very rewarding experience to be part of their journey,” she said.
Dunlap-Condit has also returned to her alma mater, the University of Central Arkansas, where the academy is based.
She has a bachelor’s degree in public relations from UCA and a master’s in applied communications from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
Dunlap-Condit didn’t have much experience when she became director of Iron Yard’s Little Rock campus, which opened in June 2015 but closed a year later, but she is grateful for the chance the organizers took in hiring her. Now she has a job that is “challenging, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time” and enjoys working with people in the community she grew up in, like Jeff Standridge of The Conductor, who, she said, has been a mentor.
Dunlap-Condit also volunteers with the Ozark Mission Project and the Boys & Girls Club.
- Simmons Bank Gives $2.5M to UAPB for Athletics
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- Former Windstream Execs Acquire Home Energy Rx 3 days ago
- Fitzgerald Joins LRCVB as Marketing, Communications VP 4 days ago
- State Services, including ‘MyDMV,' Get a Social Media Push 2 days ago
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Planning New Hospital, Medical Complex 4 days ago
- Political Strategist Noelle Nikpours' Racy Website Replaced 1 decade ago