Director of Business Development
The Poultry Federation
Ross Dunn has served as director of business development at The Poultry Federation of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma for nearly a year, and he’s already set his sights on being president of the lobbying group in five to 10 years.
Dunn’s career began with positions working for Sen. Mark Pryor, D-Ark., and state Attorney General Dustin McDaniel.
He then joined the Arkansas Farm Bureau as assistant director of public policy, local affairs and rural development. There, he helped launch the Patriot Project, a mentorship program that involves pairing a veteran who is new to agriculture with a seasoned farmer. It has since spread to several other states.
He attributes his own success to having a positive outlook and enjoying the job. “I don’t feel like I’m working, because I believe in the industry; I believe in what we’re doing here,” Dunn said. He added that the opportunity to be a “social chairman” and recruit new members also attracted him to the position.
Outside work, Dunn has volunteered to serve on the CARTI Cancer Center’s Kids Golf Tournament Committee and would like to become more involved with that nonprofit.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- After Fiscal Chaos, Arkansas Baptist Reverses 2016 Hire 22 hours ago
- Insurance Agent Josh Casada Accused of Taking $205,000 in Premiums 22 hours ago
- Lawsuit Against Fayetteville's Spa810 Picks Up Steam 22 hours ago
- Former U.S. Attorney Conner Eldridge Forms New Rogers Law Firm 22 hours ago
- Arkansas State Sues Miami Following Canceled Game 14 hours ago