Senior Vice President, General Manager: Retail Division
Tyson Foods Inc.
Cary RichardsonAs large as poultry giant Tyson Foods Inc. is, Cary Richardson said there is still a family-oriented atmosphere in the workplace.
Perhaps that’s why the senior vice president and general manager of Tyson’s retail division has grown attached to northwest Arkansas although he is originally from California.
“The people are great here and we love living here,” said Richardson, 38. “Tyson is a really good place to work, partly because of the town and its people. That makes it such a joy to come to work.”
Richardson was born in northern California, got his MBA from the University of California at Santa Barbara and was an agriculture science graduate from UC-Davis. One of his first jobs was with California-based Foster Farms, later working with Nestle Foods.
“What I really enjoy about [Tyson] still is the diversity of the business,” Richardson said. “You always have to have a willingness to learn and be humble enough to learn from others in every facet of the organization.”
Richardson credits boot camp as a reserve in the Marine Corps for showing him how to work with people and “sticking through matters through thick and thin.”
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Northwest Arkansas Makes Lonely Planet's Best in US List 4 days ago
- Glo Airlines Adds Direct Flights from Little Rock to Destin 3 days ago
- Tech Park Talks Timeline with KATV; Mary Good to Step Down 3 days ago
- Dollar Tree To Set Roots in Farmington 7 days ago
- AIA Merit Awards: SILO AR+D, Marlon Blackwell Architects, Polk Stanley Wilcox Architects 4 months ago