Gaston's White River Resort
Clint Gaston was 25 years old when the death of his grandfather, Jim Gaston, left him in charge of the legendary Gaston’s White River Resort, a lodge with a restaurant, private club and waterfront amenities on the White River in Lakeview (Baxter County).
Gaston is a fourth-generation operator of the resort, which was founded by his great-grandfather almost 60 years ago.
Over the years, Gaston said, he has worked “every little position in the business.” He started when he was around 6 years old, picking up cigarette butts and other trash around the grounds. It’s this breadth of experience that allowed him to take over at such a young age. “In a business like this, you really have to learn all aspects of it in order to run it,” Gaston said.
He attended Arkansas State University-Mountain Home for a time after graduating from high school, but discovered he enjoyed working more than attending school and returned to the family business.
Gaston hopes to pass the resort on to his own children. His son, Trey, 7, seems like the most likely candidate.
“It’s so special here just because this is really my family’s legacy. We’ve been here since 1958. It’s just so important to me to keep that going, to keep the tradition going,” he said.
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- SPONSORED: Enhancing The Health Of Your Brain 2 days ago
- City: Amazon to Open Distribution Center In North Little Rock 5 days ago
- Historic Makeover En Route to Iconic Arlington Hotel 7 days ago
- First Orion Breaks Ground On $10M Argenta Headquarters 3 days ago
- Trust Planning Smooths Way for Survivors 7 days ago