Vice President of International Sales
Riceland Foods Inc.
As vice president of international sales for Riceland Foods, Mark Holt has had the opportunity to travel the world. What did he learn along the way?
“It’s amazing how different everyone is on the outside, in the rituals they do,” he said. “But when you get deep down and you know someone and you finally get past that semi-awkward stage … everyone pretty much functions the same way. … Everyone wants the same things in life.”
Holt graduated from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock’s Bowen School of Law and passed the bar exam in 2013. Then he went to work for Riceland.
“It’s a little bit of the best of both worlds for me because I really enjoy getting to know people. I like getting to know my customers,” he said. “But we’re working on multimillion-dollar deals with customers all over the world. So it really was an opportunity to not only be able to impact the community here, but we’re able to sell our products to Saudi Arabia, to Asia, to Australia, so you can really impact a lot of people through this company.”
Holt is also proud of challenging his co-workers to be more aware that their decisions affect the bottom line and farmers. Outside work, he is an avid outdoorsman and Razorback fan.
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Ex-Arkansas Judge Joseph Boeckmann Faces Prison in Sexual Favors Case 20 hours ago
- Bye-Bye Babe: A Controversial Contest Goes Nameless 10 hours ago
- Fake Will Case Leads to Exhumation, Inquiry Into Death 11 hours ago
- Masseys Give UCA $1M for Scholarship Program 16 hours ago
- 10 Years Later, Investigation of Glasgow Disapperance 'Still Open and Ongoing' 3 days ago