Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce
Nancy McNew expected to relocate to Little Rock after college, but instead found herself moving back home, helping area businesses through her work at the Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce.
After graduating from Arkansas Tech University in Russellville with a bachelor’s degree in management and marketing in 2013, McNew took an internship with the Sells Agency in Little Rock. Soon after, she was “thrilled” to return home as an event coordinator at the Pine Bluff Chamber.
Three years later, she was promoted to director. Since then, McNew has grown the young professionals program to 40 members, developed a program to educate and encourage potential candidates for political races and reinstituted the yearly chamber dinner. She organizes a variety of different programs and trips, including an annual trip to Washington for area business leaders and politicians.
Everywhere she travels, McNew is pushing back on negative perceptions of the Pine Bluff area.
“We have a lot of positive things going on, so I just try to keep it positive. For example, if I go out on a weekend to Hot Springs, people ask where I’m from and they’re immediately negative,” McNew said. “But I always feel that by the time I talk to them, they’re positive about it.”
- Simmons Bank Gives $2.5M to UAPB for Athletics
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- Arkansas Heart Hospital Planning New Hospital, Medical Complex 18 hours ago
- Fitzgerald Joins LRCVB as Marketing, Communications VP 18 hours ago
- Everett Chevrolet Buys Landers Dealership in Benton for $7.5M 4 days ago
- After Court's Order, Leslie Rutledge Approves Wording for Ballot Measures 21 hours ago
- Harps Food Stores Contemplates Online Expansion 4 days ago