Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce
Nancy McNew expected to relocate to Little Rock after college, but instead found herself moving back home, helping area businesses through her work at the Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce.
After graduating from Arkansas Tech University in Russellville with a bachelor’s degree in management and marketing in 2013, McNew took an internship with the Sells Agency in Little Rock. Soon after, she was “thrilled” to return home as an event coordinator at the Pine Bluff Chamber.
Three years later, she was promoted to director. Since then, McNew has grown the young professionals program to 40 members, developed a program to educate and encourage potential candidates for political races and reinstituted the yearly chamber dinner. She organizes a variety of different programs and trips, including an annual trip to Washington for area business leaders and politicians.
Everywhere she travels, McNew is pushing back on negative perceptions of the Pine Bluff area.
“We have a lot of positive things going on, so I just try to keep it positive. For example, if I go out on a weekend to Hot Springs, people ask where I’m from and they’re immediately negative,” McNew said. “But I always feel that by the time I talk to them, they’re positive about it.”
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- Single Fax to Russellville Leads to $12.5M Judgment on New Jersey Pipe Company 16 hours ago
- Family Council Opposition Stuns 'Tort Reform' Advocates 9 hours ago
- SPONSORED: Enhancing The Health Of Your Brain 3 days ago
- Tyson Foods to Buy Keystone for $2.16B Cash 9 hours ago
- UA Engineering Professor Gets $3.4M Grant 6 hours ago