Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce
Nancy McNew expected to relocate to Little Rock after college, but instead found herself moving back home, helping area businesses through her work at the Pine Bluff Regional Chamber of Commerce.
After graduating from Arkansas Tech University in Russellville with a bachelor’s degree in management and marketing in 2013, McNew took an internship with the Sells Agency in Little Rock. Soon after, she was “thrilled” to return home as an event coordinator at the Pine Bluff Chamber.
Three years later, she was promoted to director. Since then, McNew has grown the young professionals program to 40 members, developed a program to educate and encourage potential candidates for political races and reinstituted the yearly chamber dinner. She organizes a variety of different programs and trips, including an annual trip to Washington for area business leaders and politicians.
Everywhere she travels, McNew is pushing back on negative perceptions of the Pine Bluff area.
“We have a lot of positive things going on, so I just try to keep it positive. For example, if I go out on a weekend to Hot Springs, people ask where I’m from and they’re immediately negative,” McNew said. “But I always feel that by the time I talk to them, they’re positive about it.”
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Home BancShares' Proxy Shows Most Execs with Pay Increases 1 day ago
- French Hill, Little Rock Port Mark First Part of $10.5M Expansion 2 days ago
- Former Conway Construction Company Exec Sentenced to 36 Months in Federal Prison 1 day ago
- Randolph County Sells Alcohol After 70-Year Ban 1 day ago
- Bill Would Automatically Seal Some Criminal Records 2 days ago