Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Senior Vice President for Major Gifts
Arkansas Children’s Hospital
Ashley RigginFund-raising runs in Ashley Riggin’s family. Her father was chief executive officer of the Arthritis Foundation. And since he had a rewarding and fulfilling career, she decided to go into fund-raising also.
Riggin, 32, who remembers doing walk-a-thons as a little girl for her father, is the senior vice president for major gifts at Arkansas Children’s Hospital.
She received the 1999 Outstanding Fund-Raising Executive Award for the Arkansas Chapter of the National Society of Fund-Raising Executives.
Riggin said fund-raising is crucial to Children’s Hospital.
“That’s the way we keep our doors open to everybody regardless of the ability to pay,” she said.
The foundation has raised about $10 million a year for the last three years, she said.
She started at Children’s in 1992, but left in 1997 to go to work for the CARTI Foundation. She returned to the hospital in 1999.
“My primary motivation is being able to lay my head on the pillow at night knowing I’ve done a little to help,” she said. “I’m not somebody who can go into surgery. I faint at the sight of blood. Maybe this is my way to help.”
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Asa Hutchinson Walks Fine Line in Medicaid Speech (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 6 hours ago
- Barber Co-Defendant James Van Doren Asks Court for Bond Relief 2 years ago
- AIA Finalist: 28 Springs 1 year ago