Vincent Turner Jr.
Director of Ancillary Services
St. Bernards Medical Center
Vincent Turner Jr.
An internship at a medical center in Alabama opened Vincent Turner Jr.’s eyes to the business side of health care. That’s when he decided he wanted a career that would allow him “to make a difference,” said the native of Tallahassee, Florida.
Turner, who graduated in 2009 from Jacksonville State University in Alabama with a degree in marketing, went on to receive master’s degrees in health care administration and business administration from the University of Alabama-Birmingham. While working on his graduate degrees, Turner had an internship at St. Bernards Medical Center in Jonesboro, which is where he also did a residency.
After completing the residency in 2014, Turner was hired at St. Bernards as director of ancillary services. He serves on the hospital’s senior leadership team and oversees the radiology, laboratory and pharmacy departments, which have a total budget of $55 million.
He said he loves his job, and his long-term goal is to be the chief operating officer or CEO of a health care system.
Away from the 438-bed hospital, Turner is the board president of My Generation Foundation, a nonprofit devoted to children’s health and wellness in northeast Arkansas.
As he was growing up, Turner’s parents told him that he could accomplish whatever he put his mind to. So anytime he loses focus, Turner remembers the sacrifices they made for him and says, “This is for them.”
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- Former Razorback, His Career Ended by Injury, Sues Insurer 2 days ago
- City: Amazon to Open Distribution Center In North Little Rock 12 hours ago
- Alter Trading Corp. Buys Tenenbaum Recycling Group Assets 1 day ago
- First Security Moves Forward Against Lauren James Following Foreclosure Sale 2 days ago
- Historic Makeover En Route to Iconic Arlington Hotel 2 days ago