Crews & Associates
Russel Viegas is that guy who knew exactly what he wanted to do early on and made it happen.
After his sophomore year at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, where he would earn a bachelor’s of business administration in finance in 2012, he was an intern at Crews & Associates with a securities license.
“Before I could buy a beer, I was trying to sell bonds,” he said.
Viegas grew up in Little Rock and graduated from Central High School. He’s the first person in his family to venture into finance, where being “slightly OCD” seems to have helped.
After college, he joined Crews as a full-time analyst. Three years later, he went to New York as an associate investment banker at Goldman Sachs.
He returned to Little Rock last December, to get back to his family and because Crews offered him “a fantastic opportunity” to become its youngest director, the title given to a midlevel investment banker.
Now Viegas is working primarily in underwriting, where the securities are created. “I absolutely love working at Crews, because you are surrounded by people who care about your progression and how you grow. This firm truly cares about its clients more than any firm I’ve worked with.”
Outside the office, he is involved in Rotaract and the Society for Science & the Public.
- Bloomberg: Tyson Nearing Deal To Buy McDonald's Chicken Nugget Supplier
- Watch Video of the Arkansas Marijuana Commission Meeting Here
- Reuters: Acxiom Near Deal to Sell Marketing Solutions Unit for $2.2B
- City: Amazon to Open Distribution Center In North Little Rock 1 day ago
- Bank OZK Expands Board, Adds 2 New Members 1 day ago
- John Rogers' New Tale: Forgeries Hit $1 Billion 3 days ago
- PR Icon Ron Robinson Dies at 75, Leaving Name on Theater 22 hours ago
- Historic Makeover En Route to Iconic Arlington Hotel 3 days ago