Crews & Associates
Russel Viegas is that guy who knew exactly what he wanted to do early on and made it happen.
After his sophomore year at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, where he would earn a bachelor’s of business administration in finance in 2012, he was an intern at Crews & Associates with a securities license.
“Before I could buy a beer, I was trying to sell bonds,” he said.
Viegas grew up in Little Rock and graduated from Central High School. He’s the first person in his family to venture into finance, where being “slightly OCD” seems to have helped.
After college, he joined Crews as a full-time analyst. Three years later, he went to New York as an associate investment banker at Goldman Sachs.
He returned to Little Rock last December, to get back to his family and because Crews offered him “a fantastic opportunity” to become its youngest director, the title given to a midlevel investment banker.
Now Viegas is working primarily in underwriting, where the securities are created. “I absolutely love working at Crews, because you are surrounded by people who care about your progression and how you grow. This firm truly cares about its clients more than any firm I’ve worked with.”
Outside the office, he is involved in Rotaract and the Society for Science & the Public.
- Walmart Atop Fortune 500 List for 6th Straight Year
- Full Text of Mark Stodola's Letter Saying He Won't Seek Re-Election
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Combine for $38.9B 14 hours ago
- Divided Supreme Court Rules for Businesses over Workers 4 hours ago
- Bank Buys Spur Talk in Corner Markets 14 hours ago
- Holiday Inn Express Expected in East Village Development 14 hours ago
- Heated Court Fight, US House Race Dominate Arkansas Election 7 hours ago