President of Dedicated Contract Services and Executive Vice President of Enterprise Solutions
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
John RobertsJohn Roberts didn’t really want a job at J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. He interviewed with the trucking company when he finished his business marketing degree at the University of Arkansas just for the experience.
But he fell in love with the company. Since 1989, he has worked his way up from a manager trainee to president of Dedicated Contract Services and executive vice president of Enterprise Solutions.
At 35, he is the youngest of the company’s three division presidents. And he also just delivered a 53 percent growth for his division.
“The dynamics of our industry are something people really can’t see from the outside,” he said. “It’s a very creative industry, transportation logistics. It’s very, very customer oriented.”
His goal is to be the largest contract service provider in the trucking industry.
“I would like to be the CEO of the company some day,” he said.
In his free time, Roberts counsels high school students in his church and coaches his son’s soccer team.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Asa Hutchinson Makes Appointments to Boards, Commissions 2 hours ago
- Hogs Get Slaughtered (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Walton Family Foundation Gives $250M to Charters in Little Rock, 16 Other Cities 1 day ago
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 3 days ago
- Federal Reserve Approves 2 Bank of the Ozarks Acquisitions 2 hours ago