President of Dedicated Contract Services and Executive Vice President of Enterprise Solutions
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
John RobertsJohn Roberts didn’t really want a job at J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. He interviewed with the trucking company when he finished his business marketing degree at the University of Arkansas just for the experience.
But he fell in love with the company. Since 1989, he has worked his way up from a manager trainee to president of Dedicated Contract Services and executive vice president of Enterprise Solutions.
At 35, he is the youngest of the company’s three division presidents. And he also just delivered a 53 percent growth for his division.
“The dynamics of our industry are something people really can’t see from the outside,” he said. “It’s a very creative industry, transportation logistics. It’s very, very customer oriented.”
His goal is to be the largest contract service provider in the trucking industry.
“I would like to be the CEO of the company some day,” he said.
In his free time, Roberts counsels high school students in his church and coaches his son’s soccer team.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Rejecting Amazon, Little Rock Launches New Campaign 1 day ago
- Closing of Two Acquisitions Pushes Simmons to $14B in Assets 6 hours ago
- Hospital Vendors Earn Millions for Services 5 days ago
- $5M From First National Bank Gets Naming Rights to A-State Convocation Center 6 hours ago
- Economist: Recovery in 'Top of The Ninth Inning" 4 hours ago