President of Dedicated Contract Services and Executive Vice President of Enterprise Solutions
J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
John RobertsJohn Roberts didn’t really want a job at J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc. He interviewed with the trucking company when he finished his business marketing degree at the University of Arkansas just for the experience.
But he fell in love with the company. Since 1989, he has worked his way up from a manager trainee to president of Dedicated Contract Services and executive vice president of Enterprise Solutions.
At 35, he is the youngest of the company’s three division presidents. And he also just delivered a 53 percent growth for his division.
“The dynamics of our industry are something people really can’t see from the outside,” he said. “It’s a very creative industry, transportation logistics. It’s very, very customer oriented.”
His goal is to be the largest contract service provider in the trucking industry.
“I would like to be the CEO of the company some day,” he said.
In his free time, Roberts counsels high school students in his church and coaches his son’s soccer team.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood 18 hours ago
- Technological Innovations Bring Profitable Changes to the Fayetteville Shale 2 days ago
- Governor's Quality Awards Go to 28 Arkansas Organizations 18 hours ago
- Snoop Dogg Meets Ryan Mallett. Seriously. 4 years ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago