Dana F. Silaski
Senior Vice President -Corporate Finance
Dana F. SilaskiAfter graduating with high honors from the University of Arkansas in 1986 with a bachelors in finance, Dana F. Silaski joined First Commercial Bank as a management trainee.
During six years as an equity and fixed income portfolio manager for First Commercial Capital Management, she received the chartered Financial Analyst certification. She joined Stephens Inc. in 1994 to specialize in private placements of equity and debt.
In 1997 she was promoted to vice president and this year to senior vice president. Silaski, 36, has three children for whom she curtailed volunteer activities with Ouachita Girl Scouts Council and the United Way. She was on the board with Goodwill Industries and is a past president and former board member of the Arkansas Financial Analysts Society.
Now she volunteers at Holy Souls School.
“I just put my head down and worked,” Silaski said. “[Don’t] be intimidated by what others may perceive as barriers or boundaries. The world of finance is open to women, but there still aren’t a lot of women in it. There are a lot of fields where if you’re willing to work hard you can get there.”
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Boone County Airport Board Selects Contour Airlines for EAS
- UCA Narrows Applicants for President
- Ross Family Gives $1M to Baptist Preparatory School 10 hours ago
- Employers Seek Hires With Soft Abilities Like Attitude, Teamwork 2 days ago
- Governor Wants to Move War Memorial Under Parks And Tourism 8 hours ago
- Signs of the Times (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- SPONSORED: Uncle T's: A Neighborhood Mainstay For 50 Years And Counting 2 days ago