Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Van TilburyBelieve it or not, Van Tilbury, executive director of Riverfest, is busy planning next year’s festival.
He’s not taken long to bask in the soggy success of Riverfest 2000. Though rain fell on part of the festival, the nonprofit organization still raised a record amount of money in sponsorships, more than $300,000.
Tilbury, 32, took over as executive director of Riverfest Inc. in August 1996, and he’s since doubled the size of the 23-year-old event.
The festival, which takes place each year at Little Rock’s Riverfront Park, is among the top 25 percent of festivals nationwide.
At Riverfest, he manages two part-time staff members and reports to a 25-member board. He makes traffic plans, coordinates promotion and contracts with food vendors, visual artists and performance groups. Tilbury also recruits about 1,200 volunteers for the May festival.
Tilbury said he heeds the advice a mentor gave him long ago.
“As long as it passes the three-part test of being legal, ethical and moral, then you can do it. And that’s the question,” he said. “When I get in a situation when I’m not sure how to handle it, I give it the three-part test, and if it passes the test, then I feel pretty comfortable about it.”
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 1 day ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 1 day ago
- Independent Citizens Commission Would More Than Double Legislators' Pay 3 hours ago
- UCA Sets Sights On Opening Optometry School 22 hours ago