Sandra Russell Alstadt
Director of Operations/Communications
Entergy Services Inc.
Sandra Russell AlstadtIt took just seven years for Sandra Alstadt, 39, to advance from an entry level communications position with Arkansas Power & Light Co. to director of communications for Entergy Corp.'s four jurisdictions.
Her peers attribute the quick rise to Alstadt's organizational and strategy skills.
Alstadt credits the staff she's worked with and her ability to anticipate her supervisors' needs so well that she often has work completed before they ask for it.
She began as a communications specialist with AP&L in 1989. By 1996, she was director of operations communications.
"I think you just have to stay in tune with what your customers need," Alstadt says. "And I have a great staff to help me."
Alstadt's been on the board of Riverfest Inc. since 1994 and was chairman of the Little Rock festival in 1998. She's also on the boards of Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Inc. and the Women's Foundation of Arkansas.
"I try to pick two or three organizations that I've supported, and I try to do those well," Alstadt says. "I don't just want my name on a list. I want to be active, involved and accountable as a board member."
Alstadt graduated from Leadership America Inc. in 1998, one of only two Arkansans to do so last year.
- Report: County Commission in Kansas Rescinds $500M Pledge for Tyson Foods Plant
- Little Rock Mayor Says City Will Vie for Amazon HQ
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Del Monte Foods Sells Sager Creek, Siloam Springs Plant Closes 2 days ago
- Windstream Cuts 21 Jobs in Arkansas 15 hours ago
- Menguin of Fayetteville Sold for $25M 16 hours ago
- Arlington Hotel Owner Hires Cromwell Architects to Assess Property 19 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Formally Announces New Headquarters 3 days ago