Sandra Russell Alstadt
Director of Operations/Communications
Entergy Services Inc.
Sandra Russell AlstadtIt took just seven years for Sandra Alstadt, 39, to advance from an entry level communications position with Arkansas Power & Light Co. to director of communications for Entergy Corp.'s four jurisdictions.
Her peers attribute the quick rise to Alstadt's organizational and strategy skills.
Alstadt credits the staff she's worked with and her ability to anticipate her supervisors' needs so well that she often has work completed before they ask for it.
She began as a communications specialist with AP&L in 1989. By 1996, she was director of operations communications.
"I think you just have to stay in tune with what your customers need," Alstadt says. "And I have a great staff to help me."
Alstadt's been on the board of Riverfest Inc. since 1994 and was chairman of the Little Rock festival in 1998. She's also on the boards of Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Inc. and the Women's Foundation of Arkansas.
"I try to pick two or three organizations that I've supported, and I try to do those well," Alstadt says. "I don't just want my name on a list. I want to be active, involved and accountable as a board member."
Alstadt graduated from Leadership America Inc. in 1998, one of only two Arkansans to do so last year.
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- PACs, Lobbyists Inject Hundreds of Thousands into Arkansas Legislative Races 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- State Senate A Lock for GOP, but House Up in Air 11 hours ago
- Site Work Starts on Outlet Mall in West Little Rock 4 months ago
- UA Study: Tangible Economic Benefits for Craighead, Faulkner, Saline Going Wet 4 months ago