Sandra Russell Alstadt
Director of Operations/Communications
Entergy Services Inc.
Sandra Russell AlstadtIt took just seven years for Sandra Alstadt, 39, to advance from an entry level communications position with Arkansas Power & Light Co. to director of communications for Entergy Corp.'s four jurisdictions.
Her peers attribute the quick rise to Alstadt's organizational and strategy skills.
Alstadt credits the staff she's worked with and her ability to anticipate her supervisors' needs so well that she often has work completed before they ask for it.
She began as a communications specialist with AP&L in 1989. By 1996, she was director of operations communications.
"I think you just have to stay in tune with what your customers need," Alstadt says. "And I have a great staff to help me."
Alstadt's been on the board of Riverfest Inc. since 1994 and was chairman of the Little Rock festival in 1998. She's also on the boards of Central Arkansas Radiation Therapy Inc. and the Women's Foundation of Arkansas.
"I try to pick two or three organizations that I've supported, and I try to do those well," Alstadt says. "I don't just want my name on a list. I want to be active, involved and accountable as a board member."
Alstadt graduated from Leadership America Inc. in 1998, one of only two Arkansans to do so last year.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 1 day ago
- Jonesboro Sun Says Police Chief Bullied Reporter 10 hours ago
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value 1 day ago
- Company Plans $900M, 440-Mile Crude Oil Pipeline Across Arkansas 5 hours ago
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 3 days ago