Ramada Inn and Suites Convention Hotel
Reneé BorchertWhen she was 30, Reneé Borchert was diagnosed with breast cancer. As awful as that is, it turned her life around for the better. "I changed my perspective on life and am now a very positive person, very upbeat - and I'm well and healthy," she says.
In a sense, Borchert has come full circle. Her first job in Arkansas after moving here in 1980 from Illinois was with the Stuttgart Chamber of Commerce, where she got involved in promoting the annual Duck Calling Festival. Coming to Pine Bluff, she took a job at the Wilson World hotel attached to the Pine Bluff Convention Center. After moving up through the ranks, she left to become director of the Pine Bluff Convention and Visitors Bureau for three years and then headed up Pine Bluff Downtown Development for the past year and a half.
Now, at 38, she is taking on the task of general manager at her old hotel, only it will be under a new name. It converts to the Ramada Inn and Suites Convention Hotel this month and Borchert has plans to make it the crown jewel of hotels in Pine Bluff.
Borchert was instrumental in luring the Arkansas Entertainers Hall of Fame to Pine Bluff and also led the effort to bring to the city one of the state's first Game and Fish Commission Nature Centers.
Described as a hard-working "doer" with a heart, Borchert is also the founder of the Pine Bluff Festival of Lights, one of the state's premier Christmas lighting shows.
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death
- Wal-Mart Cheered, Jeered for Solar Power Efforts
- #ARPX: It's the Final Countdown (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 22 hours ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 4 hours ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 4 days ago
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches 3 hours ago
- Arkansas Children's Hospital Seven-Year Campaign Raises $167M 22 hours ago