President & Chief Executive Officer
Lonoke Bancshares Inc.
David EstesDavid Estes began his banking career amid the S&L crisis and farm crisis. But things have played out well for the native of Poughkeepsie (Sharp County) as he has gone on to become head of a $135 million-asset bank holding company.
His college internship with Simmons First Bank of Jonesboro turned into full-time job as a loan officer. In 1988, Estes joined First State Bank in Lonoke as vice president in charge of lending.
A year later, he was named executive vice president and in 1990 was named president and CEO. The banking family expanded to Gurdon (Clark County) in 1996 with the $3.6 million purchase of First State Bank.
Estes, 37, graduated in 1986 from Arkansas State University in Jonesboro with a bachelor's in agricultural business.
Since 1990, he has served on the Lonoke Industrial Development Commission and the finance committee for the city of Lonoke, an advisory position on budget matters.
Estes is past president of the central Arkansas chapter of the Bank Administration Institute, past-treasurer of the Arkansas Banker's Association and has served on the ABA's executive committee.
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Acxiom Corp. Sells IT Business for $190M, Previews 4Q Earnings 4 days ago
- Epoch Men's Clinic Expanding in Arkansas 6 days ago
- Mountain Pure Sues Supplier for Selling Resin Mixed With Metal 6 days ago
- Acxiom Corp. Reports $6.03M 4Q Loss 3 days ago