President & Chief Executive Officer
Lonoke Bancshares Inc.
David EstesDavid Estes began his banking career amid the S&L crisis and farm crisis. But things have played out well for the native of Poughkeepsie (Sharp County) as he has gone on to become head of a $135 million-asset bank holding company.
His college internship with Simmons First Bank of Jonesboro turned into full-time job as a loan officer. In 1988, Estes joined First State Bank in Lonoke as vice president in charge of lending.
A year later, he was named executive vice president and in 1990 was named president and CEO. The banking family expanded to Gurdon (Clark County) in 1996 with the $3.6 million purchase of First State Bank.
Estes, 37, graduated in 1986 from Arkansas State University in Jonesboro with a bachelor's in agricultural business.
Since 1990, he has served on the Lonoke Industrial Development Commission and the finance committee for the city of Lonoke, an advisory position on budget matters.
Estes is past president of the central Arkansas chapter of the Bank Administration Institute, past-treasurer of the Arkansas Banker's Association and has served on the ABA's executive committee.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Eminent Domain Rights Dusted Off as Pipelines Trace Path Across Arkansas 21 hours ago
- Markham Square Draws $11.1M Transaction (Real Deals) 21 hours ago
- FOI Request for Solicitor General Applications Turned Down by AG 21 hours ago
- TAC Air to Build New Terminal at Little Rock Airport 9 hours ago
- Arkansas Hospital Execs' Pay Below Regional Average 21 hours ago