President & Chief Executive Officer
Lonoke Bancshares Inc.
David EstesDavid Estes began his banking career amid the S&L crisis and farm crisis. But things have played out well for the native of Poughkeepsie (Sharp County) as he has gone on to become head of a $135 million-asset bank holding company.
His college internship with Simmons First Bank of Jonesboro turned into full-time job as a loan officer. In 1988, Estes joined First State Bank in Lonoke as vice president in charge of lending.
A year later, he was named executive vice president and in 1990 was named president and CEO. The banking family expanded to Gurdon (Clark County) in 1996 with the $3.6 million purchase of First State Bank.
Estes, 37, graduated in 1986 from Arkansas State University in Jonesboro with a bachelor's in agricultural business.
Since 1990, he has served on the Lonoke Industrial Development Commission and the finance committee for the city of Lonoke, an advisory position on budget matters.
Estes is past president of the central Arkansas chapter of the Bank Administration Institute, past-treasurer of the Arkansas Banker's Association and has served on the ABA's executive committee.
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Jobs at Sun Paper, Mercy Northwest, GW Communication & Sprint
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- Sprint to Add Regional HQ in Little Rock, 100 Jobs by Year's End 10 hours ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 3 days ago
- ArcBest Swings to $6M 1Q Loss, Cites 'Sluggish' Manufacturing 19 hours ago
- Wal-Mart's Greg Foran No. 1 In Exec Pay At $19.5M 5 months ago
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 18 hours ago