David C. Ferguson
Major Account Manager
NE Region-Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
David C. FergusonThe lessons Dave Ferguson learned on a Bradley County tomato farm served him well throughout his career as an attorney and insurance executive.
"All kids should learn to work at an early age," he says "I grew up not knowing anything different than to work hard."
At 37, Ferguson has a law degree and supervises third-party administrative programs for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Jonesboro. He oversees the company's management of self-insurance health plans for companies throughout northeast Arkansas.
A former Blue Cross sales manager for northwest Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ferguson also managed excess loss and product development at the company's headquarters in Little Rock.
Ferguson earned his law degree while working in the insurance industry and serves on the Insurance and Health Law Committees of the Arkansas Bar Association. He and his wife, Belinda, coach all sports for the Jonesboro YMCA.
Ferguson credits support from his co-workers and the ability to work with every strata of his customers - from company presidents to factory workers.
"I think over the course of a career in health care, I've been able to get along with all sorts of individuals," he says.
- Video: Bank of the Ozarks Marks 20 Years as a Public Company at Nasdaq
- Watch the Wal-Mart Shareholders' Meeting Here
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Arkansas Women's Hall of Fame: Dr. Joanna Seibert, Health Care Pioneer 5 days ago
- America's Car-Mart CEO Henderson Announces Retirement 1 day ago
- Adviser's Cash Withdrawals Lead Feds to Sportsbook in Rogers 5 days ago
- 75-MPH Limit Still Awaits Green Light on Arkansas Highways 5 days ago
- Mary 'Lee' Orsini Dead at 55 1 decade ago