David C. Ferguson
Major Account Manager
NE Region-Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
David C. FergusonThe lessons Dave Ferguson learned on a Bradley County tomato farm served him well throughout his career as an attorney and insurance executive.
"All kids should learn to work at an early age," he says "I grew up not knowing anything different than to work hard."
At 37, Ferguson has a law degree and supervises third-party administrative programs for Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield in Jonesboro. He oversees the company's management of self-insurance health plans for companies throughout northeast Arkansas.
A former Blue Cross sales manager for northwest Arkansas in Fayetteville, Ferguson also managed excess loss and product development at the company's headquarters in Little Rock.
Ferguson earned his law degree while working in the insurance industry and serves on the Insurance and Health Law Committees of the Arkansas Bar Association. He and his wife, Belinda, coach all sports for the Jonesboro YMCA.
Ferguson credits support from his co-workers and the ability to work with every strata of his customers - from company presidents to factory workers.
"I think over the course of a career in health care, I've been able to get along with all sorts of individuals," he says.
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 2 days ago
- Windstream Holdings COO Brent Whittington to Resign 14 hours ago
- Clinton National Airport Reveals $20M Concourse Renovation Plans 14 hours ago
- NLR Woman Pleads Guilty to $1M Payroll Fraud 12 hours ago
- Sources: Turner Grain Appears Headed to Bankruptcy, Losses in Millions 3 days ago