Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Pine Bluff Convention & Visitors Bureau
Pam JonesPam Jones took over the Pine Bluff Convention and Visitors Bureau when another of this year's 40 Under 40 honorees, Reneé Borchert, left to head up Pine Bluff Downtown Development. In doing so, she became the first African-American in the state to lead such an agency.
As the person who oversees the sales, marketing and public relations for the Pine Bluff Convention Center, she coordinated the grand opening of the Arkansas Entertainer's Hall of Fame as well as the Pine Bluff Women's Conference.
Jones, 31, has come a long way from her first job as a waitress. The hard-working mother of two boys says she has never met a stranger. "I love people."
That love of people and her pride in Pine Bluff shows up in her work and in her community involvement. She's on the board of the Pine Bluff branch of the NAACP, the board of Little League Basketball, a former board member of Arkansas Post Girl Scouts, is a member of the chairman's club of the Greater Pine Bluff Chamber of Commerce and is a provisional member of the Pine Bluff Junior League.
"I'm one of those people that doesn't get down," Jones says. "I bounce off the walls. I'm just a happy person."
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Inauguration Day in Arkansas
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 2 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Tyson Foods Gives $1M to Downtown Springdale Alliance 2 days ago
- Agreement Puts Drones Closer to Sky 6 days ago
- Former Judge Mike Maggio Pleads Guilty to Bribery 2 weeks ago