McLarty International LLC
Mark McLartyMark McLarty is still having trouble deciding what to do when he grows up.
The question of the hour is: Should he quit work to pursue a joint master's degree in business and public administration at Harvard or keep working and enroll in the weekend MBA program at Wharton Business School?
He's leaning toward the latter, which will enable him to shuttle between the family's Little Rock-based auto dealership interests, Washington, D.C.-based consulting office and Latin America to help broker business deals.
Fluent in Spanish and not bad with Portuguese, McLarty, 27, was at ground zero in the leveraged buyout negotiations of his family's $400 million auto group by Asbury Automotive Holdings LLC in 1998.
He holds a bachelor's degree in interdisciplinary studies from Georgetown University with collegiate stints in Hong Kong and and Madrid, Spain.
His collegiate career is sprinkled with Greek and Latin as McLarty earned Phi Beta Kappa and Magna Cum Laude recognition.
His current volunteer activities include the finance committee of St. Vincent's Foundation and international business development work for the Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 22 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 22 hours ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago