Arkansas Best Corp.
Judy McReynoldsJudy McReynolds says she tries to conduct her life under one philosophy.
"I try to be very honest about what I want from people," she says. "And I don't put them in a position I wouldn't be in."
Apparently, getting what she wants hasn't been a problem. After getting a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Oklahoma in 1985, McReynolds got a job working for an Arthur Andersen firm in Oklahoma. After a short move to Florida, she came to Arkansas.
After working five years for Ernst & Young in Little Rock, McReynolds joined Arkansas Best Corp. The first woman executive officer of ABC, she helped streamline the financial reporting process, developed a new cost allocation system, implemented a cost control system and helped develop a new incentive compensation system for senior management.
It's not surprising, then, that the 37-year-old says she's people-oriented and likes to handle many projects at once. Those skills help her balance her professional work with family life, which includes her two sons, ages 7 and 5.
A volunteer at public school and an active Boy Scout and baseball mom, McReynolds says she brought professionalism and a strong accounting background to the trucking company, which promoted her to executive status after only one year.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 9 hours ago
- Camille Norman Joins ERI as Media Director 1 day ago
- Fewer Arkansans Holding Household Telephones 4 days ago
- Springdale's Multi-Craft Contractors Stays Flexible, Diverse 4 days ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Announces Sale of 6.6M Shares 6 hours ago