Arkansas Best Corp.
Judy McReynoldsJudy McReynolds says she tries to conduct her life under one philosophy.
"I try to be very honest about what I want from people," she says. "And I don't put them in a position I wouldn't be in."
Apparently, getting what she wants hasn't been a problem. After getting a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Oklahoma in 1985, McReynolds got a job working for an Arthur Andersen firm in Oklahoma. After a short move to Florida, she came to Arkansas.
After working five years for Ernst & Young in Little Rock, McReynolds joined Arkansas Best Corp. The first woman executive officer of ABC, she helped streamline the financial reporting process, developed a new cost allocation system, implemented a cost control system and helped develop a new incentive compensation system for senior management.
It's not surprising, then, that the 37-year-old says she's people-oriented and likes to handle many projects at once. Those skills help her balance her professional work with family life, which includes her two sons, ages 7 and 5.
A volunteer at public school and an active Boy Scout and baseball mom, McReynolds says she brought professionalism and a strong accounting background to the trucking company, which promoted her to executive status after only one year.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 12 hours ago
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 5 days ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names Mike Preston as New AEDC Director 1 day ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 1 day ago
- I.O. Metro Names John Erdos New CEO 1 day ago