Arkansas Best Corp.
Judy McReynoldsJudy McReynolds says she tries to conduct her life under one philosophy.
"I try to be very honest about what I want from people," she says. "And I don't put them in a position I wouldn't be in."
Apparently, getting what she wants hasn't been a problem. After getting a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Oklahoma in 1985, McReynolds got a job working for an Arthur Andersen firm in Oklahoma. After a short move to Florida, she came to Arkansas.
After working five years for Ernst & Young in Little Rock, McReynolds joined Arkansas Best Corp. The first woman executive officer of ABC, she helped streamline the financial reporting process, developed a new cost allocation system, implemented a cost control system and helped develop a new incentive compensation system for senior management.
It's not surprising, then, that the 37-year-old says she's people-oriented and likes to handle many projects at once. Those skills help her balance her professional work with family life, which includes her two sons, ages 7 and 5.
A volunteer at public school and an active Boy Scout and baseball mom, McReynolds says she brought professionalism and a strong accounting background to the trucking company, which promoted her to executive status after only one year.
- Report: Wal-Mart CFO Claims 'Very Good Sales' Lately
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Securities Department Goes After Firm That Did Business With Martha Shoffner's Office 12 hours ago
- 6 Arkansas Banks Lost Money in 2013 10 hours ago
- Federal Jury Finds Martha Shoffner Guilty of Bribery, Extortion 4 hours ago
- Martha Shoffner Defense Rests Without Calling Witnesses 5 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 2 days ago