Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
David M. Nelms
Arkansas MicroElectronics Development Corp.
David M. NelmsAs president of Arkansas MicroElectronics Development Corp. of Fayetteville, David M. Nelms is overseeing the development of super-thin electronic components for NASA and the Department of Defense's Ballistics Missile Defense Organization.
Nelms, 28, was instrumental this spring in MicroElectronics receiving a rare third Small Business Innovative Research grant. It's the first Arkansas company to receive an SBIR grant from NASA in 14 years.
"The practical applications of small electronic components are usually cell phones, pagers and laptop computers," says Nelms, a native of Batesville. "But NASA and the DOD are looking to put the components we make into their satellites and missile defense systems."
Nelms received a doctorate in chemical engineering from the University of Arkansas, where he was a research professor and a chemical engineer before joining MicroElectronics. The company is a client of the University of Arkansas' College of Engineering's Genesis Technology Incubator.
Nelms says he enjoys working in the advanced technology field and being involved with the day-to-day aspects of MicroElectronics. The company has been in existence for around a year and a half.
So far, all of MicroElectronics' work has been government contracts, but Nelms says his company is in discussions with local firms about helping them develop new technologies.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Three Tech Firms Moving to Downtown Conway, Plan to Hire 140 10 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Cuts About 50 Positions at Bentonville Headquarters 13 hours ago
- State Board Votes to Take Over Little Rock School District 13 hours ago
- Senate Votes to Continue 'Private Option,' Form Task Force 10 hours ago
- Arvest Mortgage CEO Bill Roehrenbeck Joins PNC Bank of Delaware 4 days ago