Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Williams & Anderson
Steve QuattlebaumSteven W. Quattlebaum traces the genesis of his fast-moving legal career to the days he skipped school back in Searcy.
After his father treated him to a day in court during the celebrated trial of former local physician Porter Rodgers Sr., the eighth-grader snuck back to see Rodgers convicted of murdering his wife.
"It was an old-fashioned trial - the kind where the courtroom was packed," says the 39-year-old Little Rock lawyer.
A partner in Williams & Anderson, Quattlebaum has been lead counsel for Uniroyal since 1989 in the high-profile legal battle over the Vertac Chemical Co. site at Jacksonville.
He is regional counsel for Wal-Mart Stores Inc., and he represents Green Stamp of America and the Excelsior Hotel in the hotel's fight with the city over catering rights at the Statehouse Convention Center.
A graduate of the University of Arkansas Law School at Fayetteville, Quattlebaum clerked for retired U.S. District Chief Judge Franklin Waters in Fort Smith before joining Wright Lindsey & Jennings in Little Rock in 1986.
Quattlebaum was named outstanding young Arkansas trial lawyer in 1994. On the heels of the Razorback's 1994 NCAA basketball championship, Quattlebaum also chaired an American Cancer Society fundraising drive that tied contributions to three-point shots made by the team from 1994-1996 and raised more than $50,000 for the Arkansas chapter.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- Optometric Association Backs UCA's Optometry School Plans 3 days ago
- Big River Steel Announces $1.1B Mill for Osceola, Will Employ 525 2 years ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 2 years ago
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 1 week ago