Clear Channel Broadcasting
Chuck SpohnAfter two years as vice president and general manager of Clear Channel Broadcasting's KLRT-TV, Channel 16, and KASN-TV, Channel 38, Chuck Spohn's achievements have been varied and historic.
The Fox affiliate, KLRT, televised the state's first hockey game in October and conducted the first live, local Super Bowl giveaway in January. Both stations participate in community service projects - televising the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and working with the American Lung Association and the American Diabetes Foundation - and sponsor athletic and entertainment events, including Riverflix, Balloonfest '98, 3-on-3 basketball tournaments and a summer concert series.
Spohn, 37, has worked for Clear Channel since 1986. Originally from the small town of Rome, N.Y., he graduated from State University of New York with a degree in management science and marketing. He says his child-like fascination for television hasn't diminished. A triathlon runner, Spohn says his energy to run two television stations comes from that fascination.
"I haven't lost that, that passion and excitement for what you do," he says.
With that fascination translating into success, Spohn says he envisions a pair of stations with financial, ratings and community service dominance.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- French Hill Criticized in GOP Debate Over Donation 5 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Debate Might Not Change Arkansas Senate Race (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 5 hours ago
- $150 Million Sale Brings an End To Wilson Empire 3 years ago
- Rickenbach Indictment Reveals More Details of One Bank Under Scooter Stuart 7 days ago