Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Clear Channel Broadcasting
Chuck SpohnAfter two years as vice president and general manager of Clear Channel Broadcasting's KLRT-TV, Channel 16, and KASN-TV, Channel 38, Chuck Spohn's achievements have been varied and historic.
The Fox affiliate, KLRT, televised the state's first hockey game in October and conducted the first live, local Super Bowl giveaway in January. Both stations participate in community service projects - televising the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and working with the American Lung Association and the American Diabetes Foundation - and sponsor athletic and entertainment events, including Riverflix, Balloonfest '98, 3-on-3 basketball tournaments and a summer concert series.
Spohn, 37, has worked for Clear Channel since 1986. Originally from the small town of Rome, N.Y., he graduated from State University of New York with a degree in management science and marketing. He says his child-like fascination for television hasn't diminished. A triathlon runner, Spohn says his energy to run two television stations comes from that fascination.
"I haven't lost that, that passion and excitement for what you do," he says.
With that fascination translating into success, Spohn says he envisions a pair of stations with financial, ratings and community service dominance.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 2 days ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 2 years ago
- Arkansas Blue Cross & Blue Shield Names Max Greenwood Director of Governmental, Media Relations 2 days ago
- Brandi Hinkle Named President of Arkansas Public Relations Society 2 weeks ago
- Asa Hutchinson Shrinks the 'No' Caucus on Medicaid (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 6 hours ago