Clear Channel Broadcasting
Chuck SpohnAfter two years as vice president and general manager of Clear Channel Broadcasting's KLRT-TV, Channel 16, and KASN-TV, Channel 38, Chuck Spohn's achievements have been varied and historic.
The Fox affiliate, KLRT, televised the state's first hockey game in October and conducted the first live, local Super Bowl giveaway in January. Both stations participate in community service projects - televising the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and working with the American Lung Association and the American Diabetes Foundation - and sponsor athletic and entertainment events, including Riverflix, Balloonfest '98, 3-on-3 basketball tournaments and a summer concert series.
Spohn, 37, has worked for Clear Channel since 1986. Originally from the small town of Rome, N.Y., he graduated from State University of New York with a degree in management science and marketing. He says his child-like fascination for television hasn't diminished. A triathlon runner, Spohn says his energy to run two television stations comes from that fascination.
"I haven't lost that, that passion and excitement for what you do," he says.
With that fascination translating into success, Spohn says he envisions a pair of stations with financial, ratings and community service dominance.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- TV Host Matt Mosler Announces Departure from KARK 17 hours ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Atlanta Hawks' Joe Johnson Rides Up High in His Super Truck 6 years ago
- Pizza Wars: Restaurants Battle For Supremacy 2 years ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 4 months ago