Clear Channel Broadcasting
Chuck SpohnAfter two years as vice president and general manager of Clear Channel Broadcasting's KLRT-TV, Channel 16, and KASN-TV, Channel 38, Chuck Spohn's achievements have been varied and historic.
The Fox affiliate, KLRT, televised the state's first hockey game in October and conducted the first live, local Super Bowl giveaway in January. Both stations participate in community service projects - televising the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association and working with the American Lung Association and the American Diabetes Foundation - and sponsor athletic and entertainment events, including Riverflix, Balloonfest '98, 3-on-3 basketball tournaments and a summer concert series.
Spohn, 37, has worked for Clear Channel since 1986. Originally from the small town of Rome, N.Y., he graduated from State University of New York with a degree in management science and marketing. He says his child-like fascination for television hasn't diminished. A triathlon runner, Spohn says his energy to run two television stations comes from that fascination.
"I haven't lost that, that passion and excitement for what you do," he says.
With that fascination translating into success, Spohn says he envisions a pair of stations with financial, ratings and community service dominance.
- SCA Pharmaceuticals to Build 90K-SF Plant in Connecticut
- Startup Airline Glo Files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- ABC Director Bud Roberts, Two Others Resign 3 days ago
- Aromatique Founder Patti Upton Dies At 79 3 days ago
- 20 Cool Things To Do: A Guide to Activities, Attractions in Northwest Arkansas 6 months ago
- Simmons First Names Susan Lanigan New Board Member 2 days ago
- Plans to Open The Barn Mercantile in River Market Announced 3 days ago