Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Amy Lee Stewart
Rose Law Firm
Amy Lee StewartFor Amy Lee Stewart, career options came down to medicine and law. Opportunity propelled the Wellesley College graduate from Cape Cod, Mass., to the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock.
School ties, such as those to Wellesley alumnus Hillary Rodham Clinton, helped set the stage for success.
"I love science, and I love research. They were two obvious things to do," she says of her career choices. "And I don't mind arguing."
At 39, Stewart has built a national reputation in antitrust cases and served as an antitrust adviser for the Clintons' package of health care reforms.
After earning her law degree at New York University, she came to Little Rock for a chance to clerk for then-U.S. District Chief Judge G. Thomas Eisele in 1986 and joined the Rose firm two years later.
She was a key member of the plaintiff trial team in Concord Boat vs. Brunswick Corp., which yielded the largest court judgment in the state's history last year. She recently was named board president of Ballet Arkansas.
She has five daughters younger than 12. But Stewart figures her biggest accomplishment is learning to be a Southern lawyer.
"It's a very nice legal practice, it's genteel and cordial. The cooperation makes it much, much easier to practice law here," she said. "But it takes some learning."
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- Optometric Association Backs UCA's Optometry School Plans 3 days ago
- Big River Steel Announces $1.1B Mill for Osceola, Will Employ 525 2 years ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 2 years ago
- White County Woman Wins $1.25M Defamation Case Against Website 1 week ago