First Security Bank
Jim TaylorJim Taylor says he's never worked as hard in his life as during the past year he's spent in northwest Arkansas. But then again, Taylor adds, he's never had this much fun at work, either.
Taylor, 39, is overseeing Searcy-based First Security Bank's aggressive development in northwest Arkansas.
He started life, however, on a farm in Pottsville and graduated from Arkansas Tech University with a degree in agricultural business. That led to a stint with Farm Credit Services, which makes loans to farmers. But the mid-'80s were tough times for farmers and when Taylor was offered a chance to work in commercial lending, he took it. After seven years in Texarkana, he was recruited for the First Security job.
Taylor says his basic philosophy for success involves hard work and leading by example. "I never ask someone to do something I wouldn't be willing to do myself."
While leading the bank's development in the region, Taylor has also found time to participate in numerous community activities, including Leadership Fayetteville, Washington County United Way and Northside Rotary as well as the Fayetteville and Springdale chambers of commerce.
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Jerry Barakat Opening Japanese Restaurant in Hillcrest
- Immigration Reform Now (Editorial) 7 hours ago
- 181 People Who Have Got the Power 7 hours ago
- Three More Restaurants Raise Bar on List of Mixed Drink Sales 1 week ago
- Value Place Hotel Visited by $4M Sale (Real Deals) 7 hours ago
- Big River Steel's John Correnti on Government's Role in Private-Sector Projects? 'Stay Out' 7 hours ago