First Security Bank
Jim TaylorJim Taylor says he's never worked as hard in his life as during the past year he's spent in northwest Arkansas. But then again, Taylor adds, he's never had this much fun at work, either.
Taylor, 39, is overseeing Searcy-based First Security Bank's aggressive development in northwest Arkansas.
He started life, however, on a farm in Pottsville and graduated from Arkansas Tech University with a degree in agricultural business. That led to a stint with Farm Credit Services, which makes loans to farmers. But the mid-'80s were tough times for farmers and when Taylor was offered a chance to work in commercial lending, he took it. After seven years in Texarkana, he was recruited for the First Security job.
Taylor says his basic philosophy for success involves hard work and leading by example. "I never ask someone to do something I wouldn't be willing to do myself."
While leading the bank's development in the region, Taylor has also found time to participate in numerous community activities, including Leadership Fayetteville, Washington County United Way and Northside Rotary as well as the Fayetteville and Springdale chambers of commerce.
- Report: Queen Wilhelmina Delays Cost $11.5M
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Peco Foods Announces Northeast Arkansas Plant, 1,000 Jobs 9 hours ago
- Updated: Winner, Loser in Simmons Charters Consolidation 19 hours ago
- Ballet Arkansas Names New Executive Director 9 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 19 hours ago
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 19 hours ago