First Security Bank
Jim TaylorJim Taylor says he's never worked as hard in his life as during the past year he's spent in northwest Arkansas. But then again, Taylor adds, he's never had this much fun at work, either.
Taylor, 39, is overseeing Searcy-based First Security Bank's aggressive development in northwest Arkansas.
He started life, however, on a farm in Pottsville and graduated from Arkansas Tech University with a degree in agricultural business. That led to a stint with Farm Credit Services, which makes loans to farmers. But the mid-'80s were tough times for farmers and when Taylor was offered a chance to work in commercial lending, he took it. After seven years in Texarkana, he was recruited for the First Security job.
Taylor says his basic philosophy for success involves hard work and leading by example. "I never ask someone to do something I wouldn't be willing to do myself."
While leading the bank's development in the region, Taylor has also found time to participate in numerous community activities, including Leadership Fayetteville, Washington County United Way and Northside Rotary as well as the Fayetteville and Springdale chambers of commerce.
- UA Graduate's Design for WWI Memorial Wins Competition
- Here Are the Arkansas Stores Wal-Mart Is Closing
- Video: Gov. Asa Hutchinson Rings NYSE Opening Bell, Appears on CNBC, Fox Business
- Simmons Bank Drops National, Applies for State Charter 13 hours ago
- Developmental Center Sells for $3.2 Million (Real Deals) 13 hours ago
- No Time Like The Present (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 13 hours ago
- Arkansas Supreme Court Race Pits Judge vs Little Rock Lawyer 1 day ago
- Little Rock Law Firm Loses Money in Forgery Scam 13 hours ago