First Security Bank
Jim TaylorJim Taylor says he's never worked as hard in his life as during the past year he's spent in northwest Arkansas. But then again, Taylor adds, he's never had this much fun at work, either.
Taylor, 39, is overseeing Searcy-based First Security Bank's aggressive development in northwest Arkansas.
He started life, however, on a farm in Pottsville and graduated from Arkansas Tech University with a degree in agricultural business. That led to a stint with Farm Credit Services, which makes loans to farmers. But the mid-'80s were tough times for farmers and when Taylor was offered a chance to work in commercial lending, he took it. After seven years in Texarkana, he was recruited for the First Security job.
Taylor says his basic philosophy for success involves hard work and leading by example. "I never ask someone to do something I wouldn't be willing to do myself."
While leading the bank's development in the region, Taylor has also found time to participate in numerous community activities, including Leadership Fayetteville, Washington County United Way and Northside Rotary as well as the Fayetteville and Springdale chambers of commerce.
- Governor: Arkansas Will Be in 'Top Tier' of Trading Partners with Cuba
- Nucor to Announce 'Significant' Investment in Mississippi County
- VentureBeat: Fayetteville's Qbox Raises $2.4M
- Update: Tyson Foods to Put 300 Workers in Downtown Springdale 5 hours ago
- John Selig to Step Down from DHS at Year's End 8 hours ago
- Outlets of Little Rock Nears Opening, Announces 14 More Retailers 1 day ago
- Steve Parks Sentenced to 27 Months for Tax Credit Fraud 1 day ago
- Acxiom Confirms Layoffs in Little Rock, Conway 1 day ago