Caption goes here aderit omnia filia omnes famuli curvus in lucem. Regis ei sed quod ait est se in deinde cepit roseo commendavit patris super color est cum. (Photo by Mike Ortega)
Chief Executive Officer
Baptist Medical Center/Baptist Rehabilitation Institute
Doug WeeksDoug Weeks has made a career in the Baptist Health System, ever since he first came to Little Rock in 1989 for a one-year residency in hospital administration.
Following his graduation from the master's program at Tulane University, he stayed at Baptist, going to work as an assistant administrator at the Baptist Rehabilitation Institute. Now, 10 years later, as CEO of Baptist Medical Center and BRI, he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the two facilities, with about 3,000 employees and more than 900 patient beds.
When one studies administration, the obvious goal is to one day manage a facility. Weeks achieved this goal about a year and a half ago, when he was promoted to his current job.
It's an awesome responsibility, but one he says he enjoys. "It's a huge job, but when you have a good staff and good employees, that makes the job easier."
With the health care industry changing daily with the challenges of managed care, lower revenue and rising costs, Weeks, 36, has helped keep Baptist Medical Center one of the most profitable hospitals in the state. Earlier this year, the hospital and BRI received their highest score ever by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations.
Weeks is also involved with Big Brothers-Big Sisters of Pulaski County and serves on the University of Central Arkansas' Health Care Advisory Board.
- It's Been a Busy 4 Days at the State Insurance Commission
- TV News People: Don't Mess with Drew Carey on Twitter
- FedEx Schedules Groundbreaking for Southwest Little Rock Site
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 10 months ago
- Big River Steel Announces $1.1B Mill for Osceola, Will Employ 525 2 years ago
- Optometric Association Backs UCA's Optometry School Plans 3 days ago
- Brett Powell Named Director of the State Department of Higher Education 2 days ago
- Here's How You Can Get Into Warren Stephens' Exclusive Alotian Club 2 years ago