J. Edward Horton
Strategic Alliances Division Leader
J. Edward HortonJ. Edward Horton has risen through the Acxiom Corp. ranks from sales trainee to Corporate Leadership Team member, a role he assumed when he became leader of the new Strategic Alliances Division on April 1 of this year.
Horton started with the information technology company in 1987, working in New York, where he helped sign AT&T as a client. He then moved to Atlanta before returning to Little Rock, his hometown.
Horton's responsibilities over the years included forming Acxiom's high-tech business unit and becoming a business development leader.
These days, his division is mainly responsible for selling Acxiom internationally. Horton has helped strengthen business relationships with such clients as IBM, Compaq and Microsoft. And while Acxiom was doing about $19 million a year in business in Asia when he started, last year the total was around $1 billion.
Outside the office, Horton has helped raise money for Junior Achievement of Arkansas and the Arkansas Heart Association.
"You try to figure out where you want to make a difference," said Horton, 37, adding that he sees the need for "a line of balance ... between work, family, play and spiritual [life]."
- Dave & Buster's to Open in June at Grove at Gateway Town Center
- Robinson Center Adding Outdoor Terrace, Begins Booking Events
- It's House vs. Senate in 4th Annual Hoops for Kids' Sake Basketball Game
- Walnut Ridge, Others See Development Boost from I-57 Designation 6 hours ago
- Slideshow: Robinson Center's Renovation Poised for October Completion 5 days ago
- John Glasgow to Dillard's: ‘Call Off the Dogs' 2 years ago
- Update: Sun Paper of China Picks Clark County for $1.3B Pulp Mill 3 days ago
- 10 Startups Chosen For FinTech Accelerator Launching May 16 2 days ago