Director of Business Development
Electronic Data Services Corp.
Lisa JoinerLisa Joiner started out answering the phone as the sole Arkansan in Electronic Data Services' Little Rock office. Now she develops business opportunities, meets with clients, does research, creates presentations and gets deals validated.
She went to work for EDS in 1985 after the company won the state's Medicaid contract. A managed health care professional through the Health Association of America, she joined the business process management group in early 1998.
Major accounts include Medicaid, the state Department of Health's breast care program and the Little Rock School District, which EDS helped shepherd through last year's millage increase intended in part to improve school technology systems.
Joiner, 38, has been active in the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Greater Little Rock Program and a number of other chamber functions. She has also worked with Habitat for Humanity, Arkansas Children's Hospital, the American Heart Association and the Committee for the Future.
Joiner said that, throughout life, "you have to surround yourself with good people and do the right thing. I'm a black-and-white person, right or wrong - there's not a lot of gray in my life."
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Outlets at Little Rock Developer Talks Construction, Tenants, Impact 1 day ago
- First Arkansas Bank Wins $14.5M Default Judgment Against John Rogers 7 hours ago
- With China Venture in Rearview Mirror, Mark McLarty Turns Efforts Home 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Arkansas Grand Jury Indicts 3 for Trying to Steal USDA Money 1 day ago