Director of Business Development
Electronic Data Services Corp.
Lisa JoinerLisa Joiner started out answering the phone as the sole Arkansan in Electronic Data Services' Little Rock office. Now she develops business opportunities, meets with clients, does research, creates presentations and gets deals validated.
She went to work for EDS in 1985 after the company won the state's Medicaid contract. A managed health care professional through the Health Association of America, she joined the business process management group in early 1998.
Major accounts include Medicaid, the state Department of Health's breast care program and the Little Rock School District, which EDS helped shepherd through last year's millage increase intended in part to improve school technology systems.
Joiner, 38, has been active in the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Greater Little Rock Program and a number of other chamber functions. She has also worked with Habitat for Humanity, Arkansas Children's Hospital, the American Heart Association and the Committee for the Future.
Joiner said that, throughout life, "you have to surround yourself with good people and do the right thing. I'm a black-and-white person, right or wrong - there's not a lot of gray in my life."
- Reactions to Tom Cotton, Mark Pryor Debate
- KUAR, PBS Look at Minimum Wage Issue in Arkansas
- Tom Dalton of Innovate Arkansas: Funding for Early Stage Startups Has Increased
- Maumelle Warehouse Attracts $11.2M Sale (Real Deals) 8 hours ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 8 hours ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 8 hours ago
- Baptist Health Struck With Buyer's Remorse Over WLR School Deal 8 hours ago
- 16 Arkansas Public School Superintendent Jobs Top $200,000 8 hours ago