Director of Business Development
Electronic Data Services Corp.
Lisa JoinerLisa Joiner started out answering the phone as the sole Arkansan in Electronic Data Services' Little Rock office. Now she develops business opportunities, meets with clients, does research, creates presentations and gets deals validated.
She went to work for EDS in 1985 after the company won the state's Medicaid contract. A managed health care professional through the Health Association of America, she joined the business process management group in early 1998.
Major accounts include Medicaid, the state Department of Health's breast care program and the Little Rock School District, which EDS helped shepherd through last year's millage increase intended in part to improve school technology systems.
Joiner, 38, has been active in the Little Rock Regional Chamber of Commerce's Leadership Greater Little Rock Program and a number of other chamber functions. She has also worked with Habitat for Humanity, Arkansas Children's Hospital, the American Heart Association and the Committee for the Future.
Joiner said that, throughout life, "you have to surround yourself with good people and do the right thing. I'm a black-and-white person, right or wrong - there's not a lot of gray in my life."
- John James Wants to Turn Old Post Office into Startup Hub
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Someone's Son Is Dead (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 3 days ago
- Big Companies, Big Revenue: 75 Largest Private Companies in Arkansas Bring In $32.8B 3 days ago
- Affordable Care Act Pushes Up Revenue for Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield 3 days ago
- Little Rock Company Priority Growing Under the Wire 3 days ago
- Editor Roger Hodge Leaves Oxford American for The Intercept 6 hours ago