Executive Vice President
BancorpSouth Bank of Little Rock
Dabbs CavinDabbs Cavin is head of lending for the Little Rock operations of BancorpSouth, the Mississippi bank that earlier this year purchased Pinnacle Bank, which Cavin helped found in 1996.
The Little Rock native is a graduate of Catholic High. He received a finance and banking degree from the University of Arkansas in 1986 and went to work in Houston auditing banks for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas. He later returned home and went to law school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, graduating in 1992.
Cavin practiced law for a few months, then accepted an offer to start up national credit card services for Metropolitan National Bank. There he became acquainted with Bob Althoff. After a short stop at Citizens First Bank of Little Rock and its acquirer, First Commercial Corp., Cavin and Althoff were recruited by a group of local investors to found Pinnacle in January 1997.
Cavin was also a founder of St. Andrews Church, an Anglican congregation, and he was traveling this month to Rwanda to visit a school for orphans.
"We are going to see how we can work from here in Little Rock to support that school. For $300 a year, we'd love for 200 of your readers to sponsor a child who otherwise would honestly be street children," he said.
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Stephen Curry and Nike's PowerPoint Blunder (Jim Karrh On Marketing) 4 hours ago
- 'What If We're Wrong?' (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 1 week ago
- Media Gateway Emerges From Soul of the South 4 hours ago
- Conner Eldridge Tests State's Gun Stance in Senate Bid (Andrew DeMillo Analysis) 15 hours ago
- Arkansas Court Gives OK to Execute Inmates, Upholds Secrecy 4 days ago