Executive Vice President
BancorpSouth Bank of Little Rock
Dabbs CavinDabbs Cavin is head of lending for the Little Rock operations of BancorpSouth, the Mississippi bank that earlier this year purchased Pinnacle Bank, which Cavin helped found in 1996.
The Little Rock native is a graduate of Catholic High. He received a finance and banking degree from the University of Arkansas in 1986 and went to work in Houston auditing banks for the Federal Home Loan Bank of Dallas. He later returned home and went to law school at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, graduating in 1992.
Cavin practiced law for a few months, then accepted an offer to start up national credit card services for Metropolitan National Bank. There he became acquainted with Bob Althoff. After a short stop at Citizens First Bank of Little Rock and its acquirer, First Commercial Corp., Cavin and Althoff were recruited by a group of local investors to found Pinnacle in January 1997.
Cavin was also a founder of St. Andrews Church, an Anglican congregation, and he was traveling this month to Rwanda to visit a school for orphans.
"We are going to see how we can work from here in Little Rock to support that school. For $300 a year, we'd love for 200 of your readers to sponsor a child who otherwise would honestly be street children," he said.
- After Baltz Firing, CARTI Issues Statement
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Update: The Rep, Citing Money Shortfall, Will Suspend Operations 2 days ago
- Two Banks Allege $2.4M in Fraud by Arkadelphia Insurance Agent Berry Bishop 2 days ago
- Business Machines Systems Buys Staley Inc. 1 day ago
- Third Lawsuit Pushes Claims Against Berry Bishop to $3M 14 hours ago
- Southern Bancorp Raises $17.7M in First Close of Capital Campaign 1 day ago