The Thompson Group
Ken ChitesterKen Chitester is part of Arkansas history. While working on the copy desk at the Arkansas Gazette, he designed the last sports section before the paper closed for good in 1991.
Now managing director for The Thompson Group, a public relations firm in Little Rock, Chitester says he is fortunate to have finally "put together the disparate elements" of his career in one place.
Chitester was director of news analysis at the White House under President Bill Clinton from 1993-94, which inspired his book, "Aboard Air Force One: 200,000 Miles With a White House Aide." Chitester monitored the news as he traveled to 22 countries, 36 states and 137 cities with the president.
"They handed me a laptop, put me on Air Force One and told me to write," he said.
Chitester moved into PR in 1995, taking a position with Stone & Ward in Little Rock as account executive for investor relations and health care clients. He has been with The Thompson Group since 1996, where "everything we do is conducted through the prism of politics."
A native of Indianapolis, Chitester is a graduate of Indiana University with a degree in journalism. He spends much of his free time volunteering at various food banks for the homeless in Little Rock.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Too Much Spending, Giving Force Osborne Family To Auction Assets 2 years ago
- Mike Ross, Asa Hutchinson Spar over Tax Cuts, Ads in Debate 19 hours ago
- Matt Lile Pleads Guilty to Embezzlement, Agrees to 1-Year Prison Sentence 1 day ago
- Arkansas Business Honors 'Best Places to Work' 1 day ago
- Harrison Bank Files Lawsuit Against Dennis Smiley 1 day ago