The Thompson Group
Ken ChitesterKen Chitester is part of Arkansas history. While working on the copy desk at the Arkansas Gazette, he designed the last sports section before the paper closed for good in 1991.
Now managing director for The Thompson Group, a public relations firm in Little Rock, Chitester says he is fortunate to have finally "put together the disparate elements" of his career in one place.
Chitester was director of news analysis at the White House under President Bill Clinton from 1993-94, which inspired his book, "Aboard Air Force One: 200,000 Miles With a White House Aide." Chitester monitored the news as he traveled to 22 countries, 36 states and 137 cities with the president.
"They handed me a laptop, put me on Air Force One and told me to write," he said.
Chitester moved into PR in 1995, taking a position with Stone & Ward in Little Rock as account executive for investor relations and health care clients. He has been with The Thompson Group since 1996, where "everything we do is conducted through the prism of politics."
A native of Indianapolis, Chitester is a graduate of Indiana University with a degree in journalism. He spends much of his free time volunteering at various food banks for the homeless in Little Rock.
- At Conference, Tyson Foods Touts Stable Earnings, Sales Growth
- Caterpillar to Lay Off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- ESP Confirms Jefferson County Site For $3B Project, Citing Easement Success 16 hours ago
- What Commuters Can Expect When the Broadway Bridge Closes Wednesday 21 hours ago
- UAMS Cures RxResults' One-Sided Contract 2 days ago
- Clean Line Meets Resistance from Arkansas Lawmakers 2 days ago
- McLarty Automotive Plans $10M Dealership in Benton 7 days ago