The Thompson Group
Ken ChitesterKen Chitester is part of Arkansas history. While working on the copy desk at the Arkansas Gazette, he designed the last sports section before the paper closed for good in 1991.
Now managing director for The Thompson Group, a public relations firm in Little Rock, Chitester says he is fortunate to have finally "put together the disparate elements" of his career in one place.
Chitester was director of news analysis at the White House under President Bill Clinton from 1993-94, which inspired his book, "Aboard Air Force One: 200,000 Miles With a White House Aide." Chitester monitored the news as he traveled to 22 countries, 36 states and 137 cities with the president.
"They handed me a laptop, put me on Air Force One and told me to write," he said.
Chitester moved into PR in 1995, taking a position with Stone & Ward in Little Rock as account executive for investor relations and health care clients. He has been with The Thompson Group since 1996, where "everything we do is conducted through the prism of politics."
A native of Indianapolis, Chitester is a graduate of Indiana University with a degree in journalism. He spends much of his free time volunteering at various food banks for the homeless in Little Rock.
- THV 11 News: Vilonia Business Reopens After Tornado
- Clinton Family Remembers Oscar de la Renta
- Social Media Reactions to Final Gubernatorial Debate
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 2 days ago
- Tom Cotton and Me (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Turner Grain Close to Filing $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Arkansas Fellowship Announces First Class, Host Companies 5 months ago
- Top College Officials See Sizable Pay Raises 2 days ago