David J. Sanders
Johnson Controls Inc./Stephens Media Group
David J. SandersDavid Sanders has stopped identifying himself as a Republican, but he is definitely a conservative voice in his role as a columnist for Stephens Media Group and as a commentator on AETN's "Arkansas Week" program and KUAR-FM, 89.1.
Sanders' columns appear twice a week in the Pine Bluff Commercial, The Morning News at Springdale and the Southwest Times-Record at Fort Smith, and on www.arkansasnews.com.
A native of Walnut Ridge, Sanders has long been fascinated with politics.
"I remember the election returns of 1980. I was five," Sanders said.
He served two terms as state chairman of the College Republicans while attending Ouachita Baptist University at Arkadelphia. Since graduating in 1997, he has worked as an aide to Gov. Mike Huckabee, as communications director for Fay Boozman's 1998 Senate campaign, as legislative liaison for Arkansas Electrical Cooperatives Inc. and as production editor for the defunct Arkansas Review. For the past two years, he has been in charge of business development for the Arkansas health care services division of Johnson Controls Inc.
"I used to want to [run for office], but I don't anymore. Business is too much fun, and it's too much fun just writing about politicians," he said.
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- Fortune Profiles Walmart's McKenna Among 'Powerful Women in Business'
- Kimberly-Clark Strikes Wisconsin Deal, Will Close Plant in Conway 3 days ago
- Attorney General Leslie Rutledge Criticizes Deal to Idle Entergy Coal Plants 3 days ago
- West Group of Little Rock Hires Seal Solutions for Solar Project 2 days ago
- Jim Keet Cooks Up New Plans for Cock of the Walk 7 days ago
- Tech Park Shows Off Phase II; Budget Expected in February 3 days ago