Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Information Systems Division, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Kevin TurnerWal-Mart has been a way of life for Kevin Turner.
Turner began working as a cashier for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1985 in his hometown of Ada, Okla. While attending college, he rose through the store ranks, to customer service manager, housewares department manager and head office cashier.
He even met his wife when she came through a check-out line.
In 1987, Turner earned a bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in management from East Central University in Ada.
The next year, he joined Wal-Mart's internal audit department. Two years later, Turner joined the company's Information Systems Division, where has worked his way up from business analyst, strategy manager, director and assistant chief information officer.
In February 2000, Turner became chief information officer overseeing Wal-Mart's legendary worldwide data-tracking system. The division has about 2,000 employees in Bentonville.
"The largest asset we have inside Information Systems is not the technology," Turner said. "It's the people who are able to run and maximize that technology."
Turner is also a member of the executive committee of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Announces Plan to Reorganize State Government
- Fortune Profiles Walmart's McKenna Among 'Powerful Women in Business'
- Kimberly-Clark Strikes Wisconsin Deal, Will Close Plant in Conway 3 days ago
- Attorney General Leslie Rutledge Criticizes Deal to Idle Entergy Coal Plants 3 days ago
- West Group of Little Rock Hires Seal Solutions for Solar Project 2 days ago
- Jim Keet Cooks Up New Plans for Cock of the Walk 7 days ago
- Tech Park Shows Off Phase II; Budget Expected in February 3 days ago