Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Information Systems Division, Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Kevin TurnerWal-Mart has been a way of life for Kevin Turner.
Turner began working as a cashier for Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in 1985 in his hometown of Ada, Okla. While attending college, he rose through the store ranks, to customer service manager, housewares department manager and head office cashier.
He even met his wife when she came through a check-out line.
In 1987, Turner earned a bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in management from East Central University in Ada.
The next year, he joined Wal-Mart's internal audit department. Two years later, Turner joined the company's Information Systems Division, where has worked his way up from business analyst, strategy manager, director and assistant chief information officer.
In February 2000, Turner became chief information officer overseeing Wal-Mart's legendary worldwide data-tracking system. The division has about 2,000 employees in Bentonville.
"The largest asset we have inside Information Systems is not the technology," Turner said. "It's the people who are able to run and maximize that technology."
Turner is also a member of the executive committee of Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Video: Governor, Legislative Leaders Unveil Highway Plan
- Here Are the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Dispensary Scores
- Reuters: Walmart Strikes Deal with MGM for Vudu Content
- Mitch Bettis Buys Arkansas Business Publishing Group 12 hours ago
- Windstream: Disappointed, Surprised by $310M Ruling 18 hours ago
- As Casinos Come to Arkansas, All Ships Look for Lift 1 day ago
- Tracy Rosser Departs Walmart 1 day ago
- Slim Chickens Passes $100M Milestone 1 day ago