General Manager for Arkansas
Alltel Mobile Communications
Shy AndersonLike many college graduates, Shy Anderson had visions of grandeur. In this case, after leaving the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance and real estate, he took on Dallas.
"I went almost 10 months and couldn't find a job," Anderson says. "I ended up selling underwear at Dillard's. I'd hide when I saw my friends coming."
OK, so success didn't happen overnight. But eight years later, at 31, Anderson is general manager for a leader in the telecommunications field. He worked up the Alltel ladder starting as a sales rep, then sales manager, before becoming general manager four years ago.
Earning Alltel's distinguished sales award and ranking as the No. 1 sales person two years in a row "showed me I could sell and that you can be successful if you put your mind to it."
Besides overseeing 175 employees in his division of Alltel Mobile Corp., a subsidiary of Alltel Corp., Anderson is on the board of directors of Sales and Marketing Directors Association Arkansas Chapter, a member of the Little Rock Executives Association and secretary-treasurer of the Little Rock Club.
- IKEA is Coming to Memphis
- Twerking, Meditation Lead Year's Top Google How-To Searches in Little Rock
- Wal-Mart CEO Says Company's U.S. Workers Will Soon Make Above Federal Minimum Wage
- Wal-Mart Investment in Solar Energy Transforms Industry 2 weeks ago
- Gray Divorce: Arkansas Attorneys On How Late-Life Splits Threaten Retirement 4 days ago
- Windstream Details REIT Stock Structure, Plans Special Meeting 6 hours ago
- Arkansas' Model Medicaid Experiment, the Private Option, in Jeopardy 1 day ago
- ASU Hires Shane Broadway As VP for Governmental Relations 24 hours ago