General Manager for Arkansas
Alltel Mobile Communications
Shy AndersonLike many college graduates, Shy Anderson had visions of grandeur. In this case, after leaving the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance and real estate, he took on Dallas.
"I went almost 10 months and couldn't find a job," Anderson says. "I ended up selling underwear at Dillard's. I'd hide when I saw my friends coming."
OK, so success didn't happen overnight. But eight years later, at 31, Anderson is general manager for a leader in the telecommunications field. He worked up the Alltel ladder starting as a sales rep, then sales manager, before becoming general manager four years ago.
Earning Alltel's distinguished sales award and ranking as the No. 1 sales person two years in a row "showed me I could sell and that you can be successful if you put your mind to it."
Besides overseeing 175 employees in his division of Alltel Mobile Corp., a subsidiary of Alltel Corp., Anderson is on the board of directors of Sales and Marketing Directors Association Arkansas Chapter, a member of the Little Rock Executives Association and secretary-treasurer of the Little Rock Club.
- Report: David Tovar Resigned From Wal-Mart Over Resume Falsehood
- Mobile-Payment Battle Brews Between Apple, Wal-Mart
- WSJ Looks at Crystal Bridges' 'State of the Art' Exhibit
- Arkansas Business Presents 2014's 'The New Influentials: 20 In Their 20s' 1 day ago
- Southern Rice & Cotton Says Turner Grain Bounced Million-Dollar Check 1 day ago
- 8 Former Delta Trust Employees Flock to Eagle Bank 1 day ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- James Moody Returns to Wright Lindsey & Jennings 16 hours ago