General Manager for Arkansas
Alltel Mobile Communications
Shy AndersonLike many college graduates, Shy Anderson had visions of grandeur. In this case, after leaving the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance and real estate, he took on Dallas.
"I went almost 10 months and couldn't find a job," Anderson says. "I ended up selling underwear at Dillard's. I'd hide when I saw my friends coming."
OK, so success didn't happen overnight. But eight years later, at 31, Anderson is general manager for a leader in the telecommunications field. He worked up the Alltel ladder starting as a sales rep, then sales manager, before becoming general manager four years ago.
Earning Alltel's distinguished sales award and ranking as the No. 1 sales person two years in a row "showed me I could sell and that you can be successful if you put your mind to it."
Besides overseeing 175 employees in his division of Alltel Mobile Corp., a subsidiary of Alltel Corp., Anderson is on the board of directors of Sales and Marketing Directors Association Arkansas Chapter, a member of the Little Rock Executives Association and secretary-treasurer of the Little Rock Club.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 5 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- Home BancShares Completes Purchase of Broward Financial 17 hours ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 15 hours ago