General Manager for Arkansas
Alltel Mobile Communications
Shy AndersonLike many college graduates, Shy Anderson had visions of grandeur. In this case, after leaving the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a degree in finance and real estate, he took on Dallas.
"I went almost 10 months and couldn't find a job," Anderson says. "I ended up selling underwear at Dillard's. I'd hide when I saw my friends coming."
OK, so success didn't happen overnight. But eight years later, at 31, Anderson is general manager for a leader in the telecommunications field. He worked up the Alltel ladder starting as a sales rep, then sales manager, before becoming general manager four years ago.
Earning Alltel's distinguished sales award and ranking as the No. 1 sales person two years in a row "showed me I could sell and that you can be successful if you put your mind to it."
Besides overseeing 175 employees in his division of Alltel Mobile Corp., a subsidiary of Alltel Corp., Anderson is on the board of directors of Sales and Marketing Directors Association Arkansas Chapter, a member of the Little Rock Executives Association and secretary-treasurer of the Little Rock Club.
- This Week in Tyson: EPA Investigates; Hillshire Deal Delayed Again
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Judge Orders Turner Grain Not to Dispose of Assets 21 hours ago
- State Agriculture Officials: Money at Stake in Turner Grain Could Reach $50M 20 hours ago
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 3 days ago
- Turner Grain Officers No Longer Principals in Related Company 1 day ago
- Mike Huckabee: 'Stop the Fight' Over Common Core 24 hours ago