Arkansas Industrial Development Commission
Del BoyetteDel Boyette achieved a longtime goal when he was selected to head the AIDC last year. It was also the realization of his philosophy "to strive always to set your professional goals and personal goals out there just barely at the end of your reach."
At 37, he is the youngest state-level economic development director in the country. Except for a seven-month stint at the Greater Little Rock Chamber of Commerce, he has been with AIDC since 1985. Before becoming executive director, he was AIDC's director of industrial development.
This year, the Arkansas Jaycees named him the Outstanding Young Arkansan.
He says he's excited about two recent plant announcements for Augusta and Helena because of the traditionally high unemployment in those areas. He expects the AIDC's new office in Mexico City to generate many jobs in Arkansas because of increased exports.
So what are his goals now at AIDC?
"To work every day to ensure that every Arkansan has the opportunity to be employed, hopefully in a job they enjoy."
- Update: John Tyson, 4 Others Urge UA Board to Slow Down Stadium Expansion
- Video: Watch Wal-Mart's 2016 Shareholders' Meeting Right Here
- Alice Walton Drops Rocking W Ranch Price to $16.5M
- Update: No Action on Lawyer Sanctions; Holmes Rethinking Finding of 'Bad Faith' 6 hours ago
- Crisis or Speed Bump? What Brexit Vote Means for World Economy 6 hours ago
- Two Former Walmart Express Stores to Reopen As Harps 1 day ago
- Arkansas Business Presents the 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 5 days ago
- Casino Campaign Announces Deal With Cherokee Nation 1 day ago