Brewer Personnel Services Inc.
Clete BrewerClete Brewer, the 29-year-old vice president of Brewer Personnel Services Inc. of Fayetteville, founded the company in 1988 with his father, Jerry, in part with the proceeds from winning a sales competition at his former employer, a Houston-based computer software retailer.
Today, the company has 11 offices in two states, posting sales of about $11 million. Brewer cites founding the company in the first place and then being named one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the United States by Inc. just five years later as his most significant professional achievements. Brewer Personnel was the only Arkansas company to make the Inc. cut in 1993.
In addition to being involved in various state and national temporary employment company organizations and associations, Brewer also sits on the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission and the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce.
"My biggest belief is in empowerment," says Brewer, a self-described "people person."
He says, "We've gone to the bank on that and it's worked out well. People want to succeed. If you give them the opportunity, the tools and the training, then you've set them up to succeed."
- Jerry Jones' Dallas Cowboys Top $3B in Value
- The Capital Hotel Opens One Eleven at the Capital
- Reports: APEX Tool to Close Springdale Plant That Employs 250
- 8 Farmers File Fraud Lawsuit Against Turner Grain 9 hours ago
- NLR Woman Pleads Guilty to $1M Payroll Fraud 1 day ago
- Bruce Oakley To Give Turner Grain Money To Judge 2 days ago
- Windstream Holdings COO Brent Whittington to Resign 1 day ago
- Highland Pellets to Build $130M Plant in Pine Bluff 12 hours ago