Brewer Personnel Services Inc.
Clete BrewerClete Brewer, the 29-year-old vice president of Brewer Personnel Services Inc. of Fayetteville, founded the company in 1988 with his father, Jerry, in part with the proceeds from winning a sales competition at his former employer, a Houston-based computer software retailer.
Today, the company has 11 offices in two states, posting sales of about $11 million. Brewer cites founding the company in the first place and then being named one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the United States by Inc. just five years later as his most significant professional achievements. Brewer Personnel was the only Arkansas company to make the Inc. cut in 1993.
In addition to being involved in various state and national temporary employment company organizations and associations, Brewer also sits on the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission and the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce.
"My biggest belief is in empowerment," says Brewer, a self-described "people person."
He says, "We've gone to the bank on that and it's worked out well. People want to succeed. If you give them the opportunity, the tools and the training, then you've set them up to succeed."
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Chambers Bank Lands $2 Million Golden Judgment 5 days ago
- More Time Given for Medical Marijuana Petitions 2 days ago
- US Regulators: Still Heavy Risk in Big Bank Loans 21 hours ago
- Johnny Allison Plays Market for Gains After Brexit 'Bank Sale' 5 days ago
- Home Ownership Down, Renting Up in Central Arkansas 2 days ago