Brewer Personnel Services Inc.
Clete BrewerClete Brewer, the 29-year-old vice president of Brewer Personnel Services Inc. of Fayetteville, founded the company in 1988 with his father, Jerry, in part with the proceeds from winning a sales competition at his former employer, a Houston-based computer software retailer.
Today, the company has 11 offices in two states, posting sales of about $11 million. Brewer cites founding the company in the first place and then being named one of the 500 fastest-growing companies in the United States by Inc. just five years later as his most significant professional achievements. Brewer Personnel was the only Arkansas company to make the Inc. cut in 1993.
In addition to being involved in various state and national temporary employment company organizations and associations, Brewer also sits on the Northwest Arkansas Regional Planning Commission and the Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce.
"My biggest belief is in empowerment," says Brewer, a self-described "people person."
He says, "We've gone to the bank on that and it's worked out well. People want to succeed. If you give them the opportunity, the tools and the training, then you've set them up to succeed."
- Live Video: Watch Gov. Asa Hutchinson's Speech to the Legislature
- On MSNBC, Fox Business, Cotton and Hutchinson Talk Health Care Reform
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Relyance, Citizens Banks Plan Hot Springs Branches 3 days ago
- Magna IV Founder and Owner Gary Middleton Dies 20 hours ago
- Are 401(k) Costs Fair? Firms Can Analyze Fees 3 days ago
- Walton Family Foundation Awards TheatreSquared $12.5M 21 hours ago
- Icon Communications Executive Houser Pleads Guilty to Mail Fraud 18 hours ago