Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet Cathey
Baptist Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet CatheySince their childhoods, Steven and Janet Cathey have wanted to be physicians.
Steven Cathey chose neurosurgery because he admired Dr. Steven Flanigan, who was chairman of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
When Janet Cathey had heart surgery as a child, she dreamed of being a nurse. But when she traveled from Mountain Home to Little Rock for an appointment with a woman doctor, she changed her goal to becoming a physician.
She now has a thriving practice in gynecology in Little Rock's Medical Towers II Building. She quit her obstetrics practice this year.
"After I had my second child, I decided if I was going to be up at night, it would be with them," she says.
Steven Cathey practices in North Little Rock out of Baptist Memorial Medical Center.
"I like practicing here," he says. "I know everybody by their first name, whether they're a colleague or a custodian or a cafeteria worker."
The Catheys, both 37, met in medical school at UAMS and married while they were in residency. They live on Chenal Circle in west Little Rock and often use their home for charitable functions.
- Bloomberg: Wal-Mart Looking to Rein In Expenses
- Memphis' Soul Fish Cafe Headed to Little Rock
- Tom Dalton: ARK Challenge Will Continue
- Little Rock's Original Fern Bar: How Buster's Birthed Dave & Buster's 1 day ago
- Supply Lags Demand for Osteopathic Residencies 1 day ago
- USA Truck Executive Leaves Company to Stay in Dallas 13 hours ago
- First National Bank of Lawrence County Bilked of at Least $3.9M 20 hours ago
- John James Looks to Make New Mark With Hayseed 1 day ago