Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet Cathey
Baptist Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet CatheySince their childhoods, Steven and Janet Cathey have wanted to be physicians.
Steven Cathey chose neurosurgery because he admired Dr. Steven Flanigan, who was chairman of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
When Janet Cathey had heart surgery as a child, she dreamed of being a nurse. But when she traveled from Mountain Home to Little Rock for an appointment with a woman doctor, she changed her goal to becoming a physician.
She now has a thriving practice in gynecology in Little Rock's Medical Towers II Building. She quit her obstetrics practice this year.
"After I had my second child, I decided if I was going to be up at night, it would be with them," she says.
Steven Cathey practices in North Little Rock out of Baptist Memorial Medical Center.
"I like practicing here," he says. "I know everybody by their first name, whether they're a colleague or a custodian or a cafeteria worker."
The Catheys, both 37, met in medical school at UAMS and married while they were in residency. They live on Chenal Circle in west Little Rock and often use their home for charitable functions.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Donna Smith Galchus of CGW&G Dies 10 hours ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 21 hours ago
- Rickenbach To Offer Low Risk Status for No Prison at Wednesday Sentencing 21 hours ago
- Chapel Ridge Complex Houses $8M Transaction (Real Deals) 21 hours ago
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 21 hours ago