Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet Cathey
Baptist Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet CatheySince their childhoods, Steven and Janet Cathey have wanted to be physicians.
Steven Cathey chose neurosurgery because he admired Dr. Steven Flanigan, who was chairman of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
When Janet Cathey had heart surgery as a child, she dreamed of being a nurse. But when she traveled from Mountain Home to Little Rock for an appointment with a woman doctor, she changed her goal to becoming a physician.
She now has a thriving practice in gynecology in Little Rock's Medical Towers II Building. She quit her obstetrics practice this year.
"After I had my second child, I decided if I was going to be up at night, it would be with them," she says.
Steven Cathey practices in North Little Rock out of Baptist Memorial Medical Center.
"I like practicing here," he says. "I know everybody by their first name, whether they're a colleague or a custodian or a cafeteria worker."
The Catheys, both 37, met in medical school at UAMS and married while they were in residency. They live on Chenal Circle in west Little Rock and often use their home for charitable functions.
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Performance, Not Academics, Drive Incentives for SEC Football Coaches
- Turner Grain Merchandising Files $25M Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Turner Grain Collapse Prompts Legislation 1 day ago
- Crye-Leike Adopts New Safety Rules After Beverly Carter Death 2 days ago
- Whataburger Chain To Break Ground on First of Five Possible Locations in NWA 6 days ago
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas 1 day ago