Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet Cathey
Baptist Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Steven L. Cathey, Dr. Janet CatheySince their childhoods, Steven and Janet Cathey have wanted to be physicians.
Steven Cathey chose neurosurgery because he admired Dr. Steven Flanigan, who was chairman of the department of neurosurgery at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
When Janet Cathey had heart surgery as a child, she dreamed of being a nurse. But when she traveled from Mountain Home to Little Rock for an appointment with a woman doctor, she changed her goal to becoming a physician.
She now has a thriving practice in gynecology in Little Rock's Medical Towers II Building. She quit her obstetrics practice this year.
"After I had my second child, I decided if I was going to be up at night, it would be with them," she says.
Steven Cathey practices in North Little Rock out of Baptist Memorial Medical Center.
"I like practicing here," he says. "I know everybody by their first name, whether they're a colleague or a custodian or a cafeteria worker."
The Catheys, both 37, met in medical school at UAMS and married while they were in residency. They live on Chenal Circle in west Little Rock and often use their home for charitable functions.
- Wal-Mart Sets Date for Annual Meeting
- Chris Masingill Responds to Trump Budget, Which Would End DRA
- Here Are the Draft Rules for Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, Cultivators
- Zombies Beware: Pine Bluff Is Rising 2 days ago
- Conway Booms, Setting Retail Records 2 days ago
- Homer's Restaurant Family Feud Heats Up 2 days ago
- SEC Asks Arkansas to Exempt Stadiums, Arenas From Gun Law 15 hours ago
- Majestic Fire Prompts Splash of Hot Springs Development 2 days ago