Doyne Construction Co.
North Little Rock
Dexter DoyneDexter Doyne probably would have been a success in any endeavor he undertook, including directing movies. That was a goal he pursued early in life, even earning a degree in motion picture production at San Francisco State University.
But his family's needs drew him back to Arkansas. He started his construction company in 1983 and produced revenues of $5,500 and an income of $56.
"All I had was a truck and some hand tools, a desire to make a go of it and my faith in God," Doyne says.
The general construction contractor grew to $3.5 million in revenues last year and almost $100,000 in net income.
In everything he does, the 39-year-old Doyne credits God.
"Our goal is to become one of the best construction companies in the state, or the world, and to demonstrate that you can be successful by putting God first," he says.
This year, he was named the Arkansas Business Executive of the Year. The U.S. Small Business Administration named him Small Business Advocate of the Year last year and Arkansas' Minority Contractor of the Year in 1991.
- THV: Caterpillar to Lay off 60 in North Little Rock
- Video: Doug McMillon on Why Wal-Mart Chose Jet.com
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Sherwood, Pulaski County Sued Over Hot Check Court Fines, Arrests 3 days ago
- LRCVB Moves Ahead on Deal for Cromwell Building 2 days ago
- Presumed Innocent (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 4 days ago
- Agriculture School in Poinsett County Town Proposed 4 days ago
- Religious Sisters of Mercy of The Americas: Faith and Fortitude 2 weeks ago