Doyne Construction Co.
North Little Rock
Dexter DoyneDexter Doyne probably would have been a success in any endeavor he undertook, including directing movies. That was a goal he pursued early in life, even earning a degree in motion picture production at San Francisco State University.
But his family's needs drew him back to Arkansas. He started his construction company in 1983 and produced revenues of $5,500 and an income of $56.
"All I had was a truck and some hand tools, a desire to make a go of it and my faith in God," Doyne says.
The general construction contractor grew to $3.5 million in revenues last year and almost $100,000 in net income.
In everything he does, the 39-year-old Doyne credits God.
"Our goal is to become one of the best construction companies in the state, or the world, and to demonstrate that you can be successful by putting God first," he says.
This year, he was named the Arkansas Business Executive of the Year. The U.S. Small Business Administration named him Small Business Advocate of the Year last year and Arkansas' Minority Contractor of the Year in 1991.
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Hutchinson Seeks HB1228 Recall, Wants Law to Mirror Federal RFRA 5 hours ago
- Strong Suit Clothing Company Dressed for Success With Million-Dollar Investment 3 days ago
- Central Arkansas Group Asks NCAA for Division I Bowl at War Memorial 5 hours ago
- Acxiom Asks Gov. Hutchinson to Veto HB1228 2 days ago
- Arkansas House Approves HB1228; Bill Now Heads to Governor 1 day ago