Fowler Foods Inc.
Chris FowlerChris Fowler may be one of the few presidents of a multimillion-dollar company who began his career as a cook in a fast-food restaurant. Today, he's president of Fowler Foods Inc., which operates 23 KFC and seven Taco Bell restaurants and has systemwide sales that top $20 million.
He succeeded his father, Wallace Fowler, as president in 1987, just as the company was starting its Taco Bell division. Under the younger Fowler's direction, the restaurants have fared impressively: a Taco Bell in Jonesboro has the highest volume in the franchise system; a KFC in Jonesboro has the highest volume in Arkansas; and a KFC in tiny West Plains, Mo., is the highest-grossing KFC in that state.
Fowler, 32, is reluctant to take any credit, however.
"We operate as a team. We're we and us and not me," he says, explaining why the restaurants have been so successful.
Aside from work, Fowler is chairman of the Jonesboro Advertising & Promotion Commission. He's held leadership posts in numerous hospitality and civic organizations over the years. As of late, he's stayed busy coaching his two children, a boy and girl, in sports.
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Arkansas Scholarship Lottery Picks CJRW for $34.5M Contract 4 hours ago
- Little Rock Tech Park Announces First Tenants 5 hours ago
- Seeing Things That Don't Exist — Yet (Gwen Moritz Editor's Note) 2 days ago
- Donna Smith Galchus of CGWG Dies 1 day ago
- PACE Financing Allows Aldersgate Apartments To Put Costs on Tax Bill 2 days ago