Fowler Foods Inc.
Chris FowlerChris Fowler may be one of the few presidents of a multimillion-dollar company who began his career as a cook in a fast-food restaurant. Today, he's president of Fowler Foods Inc., which operates 23 KFC and seven Taco Bell restaurants and has systemwide sales that top $20 million.
He succeeded his father, Wallace Fowler, as president in 1987, just as the company was starting its Taco Bell division. Under the younger Fowler's direction, the restaurants have fared impressively: a Taco Bell in Jonesboro has the highest volume in the franchise system; a KFC in Jonesboro has the highest volume in Arkansas; and a KFC in tiny West Plains, Mo., is the highest-grossing KFC in that state.
Fowler, 32, is reluctant to take any credit, however.
"We operate as a team. We're we and us and not me," he says, explaining why the restaurants have been so successful.
Aside from work, Fowler is chairman of the Jonesboro Advertising & Promotion Commission. He's held leadership posts in numerous hospitality and civic organizations over the years. As of late, he's stayed busy coaching his two children, a boy and girl, in sports.
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Wal-Mart Is Now Calling for a Veto of HB1228
- Home BancShares 1Q Profit UP 14 Percent 3 days ago
- Phyzit App Refines Doctor-Patient Relationships 2 weeks ago
- Stephens Inc. Hires 5 From Sterne Agee 6 days ago
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 3 years ago
- Outgoing Arkansas Chancellor Gearhart, Wife, Give $1M to UA 2 days ago