First Bank of Arkansas
Mark FowlerMark Fowler's professional career has followed the movement of the family business, founded on fast-food franchises owned by his father, Wallace Fowler.
"There was no question on my part that I would work in the family business," he says.
He left the world of Kentucky Fried Chicken, where he worked as a teen-age fry cook, to pursue banking. It's an arena where the Fowler family is building its second fortune under the Southwest Bancshares holding company. The venture is growing toward $450 million in total assets, led by its Jonesboro flagship.
Fowler, 30, began his trek through the ranks in 1986 as a trainee in his father's first successful banking venture, North Arkansas Bancshares, sold to Union Planters Corp. in 1990.
He serves on various boards of the growing family of First Arkansas banks. His own family recently grew to two children with the birth of a son.
A past chairman of the local American Red Cross chapter, Fowler works with industrial recruitment through the chamber and Jonesboro Unlimited.
- Communications Sales & Leasing is Trading Now
- CinemaCon 2015 Will Have an Arkansas Flavor
- Wal-Mart Commends Asa Hutchinson for Work on HB1228
- Conway Startup Grainster's Boasts Wildly Optimistic Projections 17 hours ago
- Warren Stephens Bets on Startup Roadie Shipping Network 17 hours ago
- Windstream Spinoff CS&L to Begin Trading on Monday 3 days ago
- Pediatrics Plus Buy Tops $8.1M Mark (Real Deals) 17 hours ago
- Ex-Arkansas Travelers General Manager Bill Valentine Dies 10 hours ago