First Bank of Arkansas
Mark FowlerMark Fowler's professional career has followed the movement of the family business, founded on fast-food franchises owned by his father, Wallace Fowler.
"There was no question on my part that I would work in the family business," he says.
He left the world of Kentucky Fried Chicken, where he worked as a teen-age fry cook, to pursue banking. It's an arena where the Fowler family is building its second fortune under the Southwest Bancshares holding company. The venture is growing toward $450 million in total assets, led by its Jonesboro flagship.
Fowler, 30, began his trek through the ranks in 1986 as a trainee in his father's first successful banking venture, North Arkansas Bancshares, sold to Union Planters Corp. in 1990.
He serves on various boards of the growing family of First Arkansas banks. His own family recently grew to two children with the birth of a son.
A past chairman of the local American Red Cross chapter, Fowler works with industrial recruitment through the chamber and Jonesboro Unlimited.
- Reports: Wal-Mart Nabs Another Shopping App, Luvocracy
- FCC Approves Sinclair's $1B Deal to Buy Allbritton TV Stations, Including KATV
- Southern Gourmasian to Open Restaurant in Downtown Little Rock
- Our Community, Our Dollars Ends Efforts in Faulkner, Craighead Counties 16 hours ago
- Bank of the Ozarks Acquires Intervest Bancshares Corp. In $228.5M Deal 2 hours ago
- Whataburger On Way to Fayetteville (NWA Real Deals) 4 days ago
- NERA Study: EPA Regs Would Cost Arkansas Jobs, Millions in Compliance 1 day ago
- Economy Adds 209K Jobs in July, Unemployment Rate at 6.2 Percent 3 hours ago