First Bank of Arkansas
Mark FowlerMark Fowler's professional career has followed the movement of the family business, founded on fast-food franchises owned by his father, Wallace Fowler.
"There was no question on my part that I would work in the family business," he says.
He left the world of Kentucky Fried Chicken, where he worked as a teen-age fry cook, to pursue banking. It's an arena where the Fowler family is building its second fortune under the Southwest Bancshares holding company. The venture is growing toward $450 million in total assets, led by its Jonesboro flagship.
Fowler, 30, began his trek through the ranks in 1986 as a trainee in his father's first successful banking venture, North Arkansas Bancshares, sold to Union Planters Corp. in 1990.
He serves on various boards of the growing family of First Arkansas banks. His own family recently grew to two children with the birth of a son.
A past chairman of the local American Red Cross chapter, Fowler works with industrial recruitment through the chamber and Jonesboro Unlimited.
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Joins in Chorus Against Religious Protection Bill
- Video: Mavis Lindsey on the Closure of Lindsey's Resort
- Mike Beebe Joins Roberts Law Firm of Little Rock
- Harps Sherwood Store Delayed by Dunkin' Donuts Details 5 days ago
- Arkansas Lawmaker Urges Ban on California Wine Over Egg Law 14 hours ago
- Asa Hutchinson Names Mike Preston as New AEDC Director 1 day ago
- Windstream Board Gives Final Approval for REIT 1 day ago
- I.O. Metro Names John Erdos New CEO 1 day ago