First Bank of Arkansas
Mark FowlerMark Fowler's professional career has followed the movement of the family business, founded on fast-food franchises owned by his father, Wallace Fowler.
"There was no question on my part that I would work in the family business," he says.
He left the world of Kentucky Fried Chicken, where he worked as a teen-age fry cook, to pursue banking. It's an arena where the Fowler family is building its second fortune under the Southwest Bancshares holding company. The venture is growing toward $450 million in total assets, led by its Jonesboro flagship.
Fowler, 30, began his trek through the ranks in 1986 as a trainee in his father's first successful banking venture, North Arkansas Bancshares, sold to Union Planters Corp. in 1990.
He serves on various boards of the growing family of First Arkansas banks. His own family recently grew to two children with the birth of a son.
A past chairman of the local American Red Cross chapter, Fowler works with industrial recruitment through the chamber and Jonesboro Unlimited.
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- NY Post Reports Alice Walton Might Be Buyer of $70M Penthouse
- Wal-Mart Used Technology to Become Supply Chain Leader 2 years ago
- London Doctor Gareth Morgan to Lead UAMS Myeloma Institute 16 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 2 days ago
- Speaking at Farm Bureau Forum, Tom Cotton Defends 'No' Vote On Farm Bill 13 hours ago
- $42.6 Million Transaction Visits Foothills Apartments (Real Deals) 2 days ago