Brent A. Hanby
Chief Financial Officer
National Home Centers Inc.
Brent A. HanbyJust 30 years old, Brent Hanby is in the enviable position of being chief financial officer and a member of the board of directors of National Home Centers Inc., one of the state's fastest growing companies.
He began his career with National Home Centers in 1986 as assistant financial officer after graduating from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. His responsibilities at the firm grew until he reached his current position in 1990.
Hanby considers his most significant achievement as overseeing National Home Centers' initial public offering just over a year ago and obtaining financing for an aggressive expansion program, securing an additional $15 million in lines of credit to stock the stores.
Hanby is active in several community-related endeavors, including the United Way of Washington County, the Springdale Rotary Club and as a member of the Dwight Collins Memorial Scholarship Fund selection committee.
Hanby, who doesn't consider himself a "mover and shaker," sums up his philosophy as, "We're not trying to hit home runs everyday, we're just trying to get base hits."
- Bentonville's Transformation Subject of Ad Age Spotlight
- The Interesting Battle over Alcohol in Arkansas
- Arkansans Have Endured 80k Political Ads Worth $33.1M
- Tom Cotton, Asa Hutchinson Lead Big in Arkansas Poll 3 hours ago
- Dennis Smiley's Wife Cynthia Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy 1 day ago
- Simmons Foods to Close Northeast Oklahoma Poultry Plant 5 hours ago
- #ARPX: What to Watch on Election Day (Robert Coon & Blake Rutherford On Politics) 21 hours ago
- Brandon Barber Sentenced to 65 Months in Prison for Fraud, Money Laundering 2 days ago