The Hatcher Agency
Greg HatcherGreg Hatcher, 33, has enjoyed the team-player concept at least as far back as his days at Alma College, a Michigan liberal arts school where he played soccer and baseball and wrestled.
He always wanted to be his own boss, though. And maybe that should read "head coach" because Hatcher flirted with a sports career as a graduate assistant at the University of Notre Dame.
Hatcher's team is his namesake insurance firm, and he takes pride in growth through referrals. Formed in September 1990, the company has gross premiums of $19 million
"The only business we've lost are from companies going out of business or being bought," Hatcher says.
The 14-employee agency won its second consecutive national award for sales production from the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Hatcher brought his successful sales performance from Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and added his own philosophy of outrageous service that includes doughnuts or cookies for clients.
The words of a coach/mentor forever ring in his ears: "Just win the damn ball game."
- Update: Asa Hutchinson, Others React to DOJ Policy Change on Marijuana
- Alice Walton Sells Her 1,400-Acre Texas Ranch
- Gary Heathcott Responds to Arkansas Business Cover Story
- Thinking Big Rigs, Arkansas Company Cleans Up 3 days ago
- Lawsuits Challenge Fairy Tale Founding of Lauren James 4 weeks ago
- Union Partners to Build Facility on Big River Steel Campus 4 days ago
- Youth Services Bankruptcy Unveils Theft Case, FBI Probe 1 week ago
- Tom Garrison, Who Led American Freightways, Dies at 57 6 days ago