The Hatcher Agency
Greg HatcherGreg Hatcher, 33, has enjoyed the team-player concept at least as far back as his days at Alma College, a Michigan liberal arts school where he played soccer and baseball and wrestled.
He always wanted to be his own boss, though. And maybe that should read "head coach" because Hatcher flirted with a sports career as a graduate assistant at the University of Notre Dame.
Hatcher's team is his namesake insurance firm, and he takes pride in growth through referrals. Formed in September 1990, the company has gross premiums of $19 million
"The only business we've lost are from companies going out of business or being bought," Hatcher says.
The 14-employee agency won its second consecutive national award for sales production from the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Hatcher brought his successful sales performance from Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and added his own philosophy of outrageous service that includes doughnuts or cookies for clients.
The words of a coach/mentor forever ring in his ears: "Just win the damn ball game."
- Watch The '60 Minutes' Report on Data Brokers Here
- Six Walton Family Members Make Forbes Wealthiest List
- Previously Withheld Clinton Records Go Public Today
- Peco Foods Announces Northeast Arkansas Plant, 1,000 Jobs 3 hours ago
- Updated: Winner, Loser in Simmons Charters Consolidation 13 hours ago
- Ballet Arkansas Names New Executive Director 3 hours ago
- Acumen's Goal: To Own the Southern Lifestyle Marketplace 13 hours ago
- WLR Retail Project Trails $1.8M Land Purchase (Real Deals) 13 hours ago