The Hatcher Agency
Greg HatcherGreg Hatcher, 33, has enjoyed the team-player concept at least as far back as his days at Alma College, a Michigan liberal arts school where he played soccer and baseball and wrestled.
He always wanted to be his own boss, though. And maybe that should read "head coach" because Hatcher flirted with a sports career as a graduate assistant at the University of Notre Dame.
Hatcher's team is his namesake insurance firm, and he takes pride in growth through referrals. Formed in September 1990, the company has gross premiums of $19 million
"The only business we've lost are from companies going out of business or being bought," Hatcher says.
The 14-employee agency won its second consecutive national award for sales production from the National Association of Health Underwriters.
Hatcher brought his successful sales performance from Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield and added his own philosophy of outrageous service that includes doughnuts or cookies for clients.
The words of a coach/mentor forever ring in his ears: "Just win the damn ball game."
- Wall Street Journal: Bank of the Ozarks Fills Loan Void in Big Markets
- Video: Watch Asa Hutchinson, Leslie Rutledge Speak at the Republican National Convention
- Video: Watch Tom Cotton's Republican National Convention Speech
- Home Ownership Down, Renting Up in Central Arkansas 1 day ago
- Gatehouse Shake-Up Ousts Two Arkansas Publishers 1 day ago
- Buffalo Brewing Ready To Take Wing in Little Rock 5 days ago
- US Regulators: Still Heavy Risk in Big Bank Loans 9 hours ago
- More Time Given for Medical Marijuana Petitions 1 day ago