Senior Deputy Prosecutor
Melody LaRueIt took the coaxing of a college professor to convince Melody LaRue to pursue a career with the Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney's office after law school.
She spent one year under the guidance of Sebastian County Prosecutor Ron Fields before Chris Piazza, Field's Pulaski County counterpart, nabbed her for his own office.
Seven years have passed and the 33-year-old is still with the Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney's office. As senior deputy prosecutor, LaRue oversees the 16 or more attorneys in the county's six circuit courts.
A lot has changed, she admits, though one thing she learned from her first employer will always stick with her.
"If you're always winning, you're not trying," she recalls Fields saying. "If you have any ego, and I do, it hurts when you lose because you think to yourself, 'This is not supposed to happen.' "
The fourth of six children, LaRue is most known for her work on the state's case against Scharmel Burnett, recently acquitted in the murder of her ex-husband, Johnny Burnett.
"The learning that comes from losing a case only makes you a stronger attorney," says the confident prosecutor. "If you believe in what you're doing, you're going to do it really well. I believe in what I'm doing."
- Arkansas Business Wrote About Police Investigating Richard Johns in 2012
- PTI to Provide Projection Mapping on Old State House for LR Film Festival
- Report: US Truckers Generated Record $700B in Revenue Last Year
- Asa Hutchinson Proposes $87M Bond Package for Lockheed Martin 1 day ago
- Archives Show Hillary Clinton OK'd Tax Breaks for Nonprofits 13 hours ago
- J.B. Hunt Plans 7-Story Office Tower at HQ 1 day ago
- Acxiom Corp. Sells IT Business for $190M, Previews 4Q Earnings 2 days ago
- Update: Little Rock Clinic, Pharmacy Raided in Prescription Drug Crackdown 2 days ago