Senior Deputy Prosecutor
Melody LaRueIt took the coaxing of a college professor to convince Melody LaRue to pursue a career with the Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney's office after law school.
She spent one year under the guidance of Sebastian County Prosecutor Ron Fields before Chris Piazza, Field's Pulaski County counterpart, nabbed her for his own office.
Seven years have passed and the 33-year-old is still with the Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney's office. As senior deputy prosecutor, LaRue oversees the 16 or more attorneys in the county's six circuit courts.
A lot has changed, she admits, though one thing she learned from her first employer will always stick with her.
"If you're always winning, you're not trying," she recalls Fields saying. "If you have any ego, and I do, it hurts when you lose because you think to yourself, 'This is not supposed to happen.' "
The fourth of six children, LaRue is most known for her work on the state's case against Scharmel Burnett, recently acquitted in the murder of her ex-husband, Johnny Burnett.
"The learning that comes from losing a case only makes you a stronger attorney," says the confident prosecutor. "If you believe in what you're doing, you're going to do it really well. I believe in what I'm doing."
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock
- Heartbleed? No Need for Heart Attack, We've Got Help, Advice
- CMS Database Shows Medicare Payments to Doctors, Others in 2012
- Three More Banks File Claims Against Dennis Smiley Collateral 1 day ago
- Taziki's Breaks Ground at McCain Mall in North Little Rock 5 hours ago
- Arkansas Doctors Discover the Joys Of Concierge Care 4 days ago
- Wal-Mart CEO Doug McMillon Gets $25.6M Pay Package 22 hours ago
- Soirée: Potbelly Sandwich Shop Coming to Little Rock 1 day ago