Senior Deputy Prosecutor
Melody LaRueIt took the coaxing of a college professor to convince Melody LaRue to pursue a career with the Sebastian County Prosecuting Attorney's office after law school.
She spent one year under the guidance of Sebastian County Prosecutor Ron Fields before Chris Piazza, Field's Pulaski County counterpart, nabbed her for his own office.
Seven years have passed and the 33-year-old is still with the Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney's office. As senior deputy prosecutor, LaRue oversees the 16 or more attorneys in the county's six circuit courts.
A lot has changed, she admits, though one thing she learned from her first employer will always stick with her.
"If you're always winning, you're not trying," she recalls Fields saying. "If you have any ego, and I do, it hurts when you lose because you think to yourself, 'This is not supposed to happen.' "
The fourth of six children, LaRue is most known for her work on the state's case against Scharmel Burnett, recently acquitted in the murder of her ex-husband, Johnny Burnett.
"The learning that comes from losing a case only makes you a stronger attorney," says the confident prosecutor. "If you believe in what you're doing, you're going to do it really well. I believe in what I'm doing."
- Here's the Wells Fargo Foreclosure Lawsuit on the Regions Bank Building
- Video: Asa Hutchinson Talks Tax Cut, Marijuana, Trump
- Fed's James Bullard: Only One Rate Hike Needed Now
- Governor, Speaker, Senate Leader Name 5 to Medical Marijuana Commission 17 hours ago
- Christen Franke of Franke's Cafeteria Dies at 37 14 hours ago
- Gary Rickenbach Gets 2 Years of Probation, 100 Service Hours 14 hours ago
- Dear Consumer: Breathe! (Craig Douglass On Consumers) 3 days ago
- Tally of Largest Commercial Building Projects in Arkansas Hits $2.4 Billion 3 days ago