George Makris Jr.
M.K. Distributors Inc.
George Makris Jr.With privilege comes responsibility, and George Makris Jr. is clearly mindful of that in discussing how his family's beer distributorship has changed since his father started it in 1964.
"Some of our biggest efforts these days are in the promotion of responsible consumption," says Makris, whose company distributes Anheuser-Busch products in a five-county area of southeast Arkansas.
Under his direction, M.K. sold its institutional food business in 1991 to Quality Foods Inc., headed by Makris' father-in-law, Don Kirkpatrick. He bought another Anheuser-Busch distributor, expanding M.K.'s reach by three counties. Sales are up 8 percent this year, on target for $15 million.
Makris, 38, serves on the Anheuser-Busch National Wholesaler Advisory Panel, an appointed position that entails consulting with management on nationwide distribution issues.
As president of a licensed business, Makris believes he has an obligation to be involved civicly. He's active in economic development and serves on the boards of Jefferson Regional Medical Center and Worthen National Bank of Pine Bluff. With three young boys, he's also involved in youth sports.
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo
- Twitter Reactions of Interest to SCOTUS Ruling
- UA Makes List of Top 100 US Patent Producers
- Former Hogs QB Clint Stoerner Tangles with Former Business Partners 3 days ago
- Here's the New UALR Trojans Logo 6 hours ago
- Little Rock Marks Milestone at Robinson Center Renovation 7 hours ago
- Wal-Mart SVP Rick Webb: NWA Needs Employees Educated in STEM 3 days ago
- Northwest Arkansas Transforming Into a Tech Hub 3 days ago